WVU dental first year courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radicalry9

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to start school at WVU in the fall 2010. Does anyone know where to find the course schedule or can help with what classes you take your freshman year? and maybe the books used

Members don't see this ad.

I am going to start school at WVU in the fall 2010. Does anyone know where to find the course schedule or can help with what classes you take your freshman year? and maybe the books used

What about looking on the school's website??

Hup

good link. there are definitely some classes that the books aren't necessary though, so i wouldnt buy them right away. you might waste a lot of money if you do.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you both for posting replies. I could not find the courses on the website thanks for the link and What classes would you say will be the most difficult? and what ones do you think you would need the book for? (mainly looking into my freshmen year)

Thank you

Hey whats up. Congrats on getting accepted to WVU. Im getting ready to graduate and its been the roughest four years of my life. Going to pay off majorly now however.

As far as books I would recommend that you do NOT buy the textbooks. Each semester the professors try to threaten you to buy books. Then after you do they are not used.

Hardest classes first year are Gross anatomy and BIOCHEM.

Biochem was by far the hardest class in school. Actually it was the only class I got a C in during my 4 year tenure.

dont even worry about the health science classes...its the dental classes subjective grading and their stupid 93% A scale that screw you over...at least thats how i feel at wvu

Reactions: 1 user
dont even worry about the health science classes...its the dental classes subjective grading and their stupid 93% A scale that screw you over...at least thats how i feel at wvu

yea WVU's grading policies are crap. Ive gotten within a point of gettin an A at least 4 times and the teacher wouldn't give it to me.

But then theres a girl in my class who has gotten points added to her grades so she could keep an A because she kisses butt each day of her life.

Honestly I wish I wouldhave documented each time this happened and all the favortism that a couple of ladies in my class got. That would be great for a lawsuit later.

My advice would be to not go to WVU SOD.

trust me i know the same feeling...my best advice...kick ass in health science classes as much you can....its the dental classes that bring your gpa down if you care about it....granted the health science classes take up alot of your time....dont buy the text books for them....for gross just buy netters atlas...you wont have time to sit and read text books...teachers will threaten you to read and bla bla bla...bottom line...read the notes and you will be fine...

Hey,

Thanks for replying to my messages. You have been alot of help. Do you know if anyone is specializing in your class? If so, roughly how many? and to what specialization?

Also, I do not know anyone at WVU. How do you recommend I find a roommate in my class? and do you have any ideas of good places to live? I have heard its pretty expensive down there.

i have no idea who wants to specialize, nor do i care..if u wanna do it...go for it and stick with it if you really want it...just know your gonna be putting in more time than someone just trying to pass....i know first hand...as far as living...try to live close to campus, it will make your life easier....alot of people live at georgetown apartments...

Hey thank you.

Do you know of a way to get in contact with a future classmate? So, that we could maybe room together.

Try starting a facebook group or finding people on this site that will be going to WVU. I think a few of the people in my class met while apartment searching in morgantown.

I just lived with someone random my first year. It didn't turn out terribly, she went to hong kong for an entire semester and i got to live by myself. Lotsa study time =D.

I don't think WVU is bad. I would never tell anyone not to come here. I'm actually glad that i chose this school. Yeah, classes are hard, and sometimes you don't get the grade you expect and other people suck up, but really if you work hard and don't cry every time you get a B your experience will be fine.

Hey,

Thanks for replying to my messages. You have been alot of help. Do you know if anyone is specializing in your class? If so, roughly how many? and to what specialization?

Also, I do not know anyone at WVU. How do you recommend I find a roommate in my class? and do you have any ideas of good places to live? I have heard its pretty expensive down there.

well about 70% of my class wanted to specialize the first two months. now only about 5 of them want too and only 3 have gotten in. If you want to specialize already this is foolish cause you haven't done anything yet~!

Hey thank you.

Do you know of a way to get in contact with a future classmate? So, that we could maybe room together.

Why in the world would you want to do that?

most all the kids in my class are rich and live alone. and BTW its pretty expensive here. Your looking at $160,000 for a dump. And if you want to live like right next to the school its more like $230,000 for something smaller.

Yes I will try facebook. Do you think contacting the school will help? I am looking to rent with a roommate. To be able to split the costs in half.

Yes I will try facebook. Do you think contacting the school will help? I am looking to rent with a roommate. To be able to split the costs in half.

your still looking at $350k a month.

Try Calling Shelia Price or Dr. Wanker. They will help you before you start.

After you start avoid both of these people at all costs.

Trust me...