WVU dental school...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grmaster1

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone from this board applied or already got an interview with them?

Didn't see it in the interview thread...

Members don't see this ad.

I wish I could contribute more to this board as in the past...but inorganic chemistry and molecular orbital theory....with a touch of quantum chemistry is really kicking my behind.
About WVU:
From what I hear, they generally accept West Virginian applicants only...they are really big on taking students from West Virginia and having them continue to live there...some of the impoverished areas of WV are in a huge need of dentists...I've also heard alot of their students, mainly the majority come straight from WVU undergrad. I've visited WVU and its a pretty school (considered it for undergrad)...Morgantown is an awesome city...but I have my heart set on PENN :)...Good luck.

dexadental said:
About WVU:
From what I hear, they generally accept West Virginian applicants only I've visited WVU and its a pretty school (considered it for undergrad)...Morgantown is an awesome city...Good luck.

Your private mailbox is full, so I'll just post here:

Elaborate on Morgantown being awesome...

Also, how pretty is the WVU?

I'm going there tomorrow, and I'm not a Mountaineer...

How do you like G-town? I went there over a month ago... If you had a choice of going to dental school at UF or WVU, what'd be your pick?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
bump for dexa...

I received a secondary a few weeks ago so we'll see what happens. I was also wondering about them.

ASU-devil said:
I received a secondary a few weeks ago so we'll see what happens. I was also wondering about them.

You're more than likely gonna be invited... Do you have any other interviews?

Just remember if you do get an invite, nothing flies cheap into Morgantown!

They do interviews on Saturdays, and it's already been snowing for a few weeks there...

P.S. Nice avatar, yours?

grmaster1 said:
Your private mailbox is full, so I'll just post here:

Elaborate on Morgantown being awesome...

Also, how pretty is the WVU?

I'm going there tomorrow, and I'm not a Mountaineer...

How do you like G-town? I went there over a month ago... If you had a choice of going to dental school at UF or WVU, what'd be your pick?

Thanks!

Hey sorry...I will get to clearing the mailbox...right now I'm studying my tail off for this huge exam...quantum chemistry, a little point theory (point groups) and molecular orbital theory (which makes your brain almost want to implode). With that said ::WHEW::, Morgantown is really cool...it is somewhat similar to Gainesville in that the town revolves around the college...alot of college spirit there and clubs, bars, gambling (if thats your thing), not to mention its absolutely beautiful. The town is up in the mountains and the school is basically set in the hills. Traveling around the school is a little weird at first because its so hilly...you'll find that out quick. Its become a real modern town, originally was a coal miner town before...and to my surprise when I first visited, it isn't backwoodsy at all there. I'm not sure about how "great" or advanced their dental school is so I can't comment on that...it looked fairly nice, but not the best I've seen.
Choosing between UF and WVU, I'd have to choose UF...however I do want to move back up north again...tough decision. How did it go with Sposetti and the interview here?
By the way, everyone was pretty nice in Morgantown when I visited a while ago...I think its that country hospitality thing. Alot of marylanders and virginians go there undergrad so its a little less country with the students, but the townies of course shake things up a bit. Good luck at your interview...

Doug

dexadental said:
Choosing between UF and WVU, I'd have to choose UF...however I do want to move back up north again...tough decision. How did it go with Sposetti and the interview here?
By the way, everyone was pretty nice in Morgantown when I visited a while ago...I think its that country hospitality thing. Alot of marylanders and virginians go there undergrad so its a little less country with the students, but the townies of course shake things up a bit. Good luck at your interview...

Doug

Thanks for taking time to reply--your brain needed that break, too...

Sposetti--she's a character, that one! UF is a well-respected school but Gainesville did not impress me at all. We'll see...

Gotta get ready for the trip!

grmaster1 said:
You're more than likely gonna be invited... Do you have any other interviews?

Just remember if you do get an invite, nothing flies cheap into Morgantown!

They do interviews on Saturdays, and it's already been snowing for a few weeks there...

P.S. Nice avatar, yours?
Thanks for the repy. Why do you think I'll be invited for an interview? I've interviewed at Az, Nova, Indiana, and Temple in Dec. I'm actually glad the interviews are on a Saturday that means I don't have to miss school. I'm looking forward to seeing some snow after the heat here in Az. What did you mean by " nothing flies cheap in Morgantown"? BTW I wish the avatar was mine! I drive a 20th Aniv GTI though that get's me around okay!

Good luck...and yes, Sposetti is a nice woman...quite a character.