WVU interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ghabpharm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone recieved an interview from WVU? I know their process is slow...but its March! I sent in my supplemental app. end of January.

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck... Butler's Dean, Patricia Chase, will be heading to WVU...She's a really great person and an awesome Dean....

They've already done a ton of interviews. If you don't hear anything by March 15, I'd give Jen Clutter or Ridgeway a call. If you're from Concord U of West Virginia (we love the in-staters..) and you've got those stats, I would expect to see you come August. Just don't bomb the interview. Read the review I posted from back in '03 and you'll be fine.

I didn't know they finally got a new dean. It's about time, 'ol Spratto's been in the long drawn out retirement phase for like a year and a half.

Members don't see this ad :)
WVUPharm2007 said:
They've already done a ton of interviews. If you don't hear anything by March 15, I'd give Jen Clutter or Ridgeway a call. If you're from Concord U of West Virginia (we love the in-staters..) and you've got those stats, I would expect to see you come August. Just don't bomb the interview. Read the review I posted from back in '03 and you'll be fine.

I didn't know they finally got a new dean. It's about time, 'ol Spratto's been in the long drawn out retirement phase for like a year and a half.

thanks, i did contact Jennifer Clutter and she said the reason i hadnt gotten an interview yet was because of some problem at the Chaleston campus (i signed up to interview in charleston).
I'm from Concord.
I've heard the interview can be kind of tough, to what extent is this true?

ghabpharm said:
thanks, i did contact Jennifer Clutter and she said the reason i hadnt gotten an interview yet was because of some problem at the Chaleston campus (i signed up to interview in charleston).
I'm from Concord.
I've heard the interview can be kind of tough, to what extent is this true?

They will just ask you very tough quesitons. Be sure you know some key issues in pharmacy practice, why you want to be a pharmacist outside of "to help people", what you want to use your PharmD for, and try to be knowledgable about opportunities post-graduation (i.e. residencies, fellowships, grad school). If you need examples, PM me.