WVU Pharm Students c/o 2016!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SunnK11610

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not seeing any WVU pharmacy threads for 2012 entering students. Am I the only one for sure going here this fall?!?

Any current students or alumni want to talk about their experiences?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm provisionally accepted and will be attending in the fall. Gotta scrape by with C's! :D

So I guess it's just us then, huh? Haha. We should be getting a first year packet soon, right?

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
I'm officially attending WVU as well! I'm excited!

Hey guys! I'll be a P2 this year. I would be happy to answer any questions you have! Congrats on getting accepted! :)

Thanks WVRx. About how many hours would you say you spend studying each week night and during the weekend? What do you wish you'd known prior to beginning school? Thanks!

I don't really have an exact number. But there is generally something to do every night. I think the key is to stay ahead. Don't wait till the last minute to do the stupid little assignments. Try to do it right after it's assigned. If not, you're going to end up overwhelmed. I know that's hard to do because I am not good about that myself. Honestly, in your first your it's not super difficult. There is just a lot. You're also not going to learn much that's pharmacy related either. The class that is the worst your first year by far is biochem. But that's not until the spring. Physiology will be your hardest class this semester. Don't get intimidated and try to enjoy yourself some. If you lock yourself in the library and never have any fun you will go insane. I loved my first year and have gotten so close with the people in my class. Hope that helps some.

Bumping this thread up because we have less than a month before classes start! :)

Anyone care to give a suggestion of the best/cheapest 1br apts within walking distance to the HSC...? Of if there is a place you would suggest I stay away from?