www.acethedat.com

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

praystation2

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if anyone ever used this service and if so what they thought about it?

I know some have mentioned there are errors but it seems like almost every service out there including kaplan has errors.

Members don't see this ad.

praystation2 said:
Hi I was wondering if anyone ever used this service and if so what they thought about it?

I know some have mentioned there are errors but it seems like almost every service out there including kaplan has errors.

I think it's written by a predental student, that's probably why it has a bunch of errors in it. I have found most every stuff has been written by a want-a-be dentist who got some 'idea' to write some questions. I'm a big fan of Kaplan (books) not the class because the class (you guessed it) is "taught" by some student and it is very unpredictable of the quality. I'm a big fan of topscorepro.com also (not alone on this one) because of the reasons above and the dang cd helped me focus on the right topics and study.

praystation 2,

The website for this was a little pricey, but their math and PAT sections are nearly right on what you will see on the DAT. The night before the test I exclusively went over this website for both of those sections.

I did hear that there were errors and the science sections were different, so I didn't even bother taking these practice tests.

Topscore is a MUST to get a feel for the format of the test and to get an idea how though the science sections are. The PAT on topscore is too easy. Reading is pretty close, but on the easier side.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies guys. I took some of the practice exams and found that the bio section to be pretty on point. I did notice that the gchem and ochem sections tend to focus on certain types of problems so it doesn't really give you a good overview of what you have to know like topscore. The PAT section was pretty accurate like you said, however the angle ranking seemed harder than usual. I was consistantly doing bad on that section which used to be one of my top 3 sections for the PAT. I thought the QR section was pretty accurate. That is probably my weakest area as I am not very good at math. The RC portion seemed to be pretty easy. I was scoring 28's. The questions were too direct and straight forward which I have found is not always the case on the actual DAT. The question types were also not varied enough so you didn't get those questions that requires you to guess what the authors perspective or stance was etc.

Overall I thought it was a good value cause it allows you to take 3 pratice exams and has 2 practice question sections that cover all the DAT sections. I don't think there's an expiration date either.