Wyoming

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bonbon2007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone consider Wyoming and have heard back from admissions? Waitlist? Interviews? Campus? Details? News?

For me, this school is a long shot if they like to pick candidates from in-state. Everyone who applied here....good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

i just got an email yesterday saying i was denied....they said received about 600+ applications for only 52 seats. Good luck!

I was denied too ... out of state.
I only applied because my father did his graduate work there.

They have a 7 year age limit on classes... some of mine were older so I was expecting a denial...I thought on the off chance that they noticed my 99% PCAT they might overlook it but apparently not.

1 down, 6 to go... (hopefully they get more positive)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was denied too ... out of state.
I only applied becasue my father did his graduate work there.

They have a 7 year age limit on classes... come of mine were older so I was expecting a denial...I thought on the off chance that they noticed my 99% PCAT they might overlook it but apparently not.

1 down, 6 to go... (hopefully they get more positive)

Wow! If they rejected you, then I'm pretty sure I'm toast. I have nothing resembling a 99 composite (that's a big achievement and a great hole card when you interview).

I have lower than a 9% chance if that statistic is right, but I didn't get rejected and they told me that my application is under review (found out yesterday - out of state). I'm sure its just the boilerplate email before they send you the 'Thank you, but we are sorry...' email. :thumbdown:

Bonbon...
like I mentioned my undergrad classes are over the 7 year limit, which I'm sure is the reason I got rejected quicksmart. The only emails I received was the "we got your stuff" email and the "we dont want you" email. So you chances are looking good... keep up the positive thoughts.;)

Add me to the list of rejections. Oh well, not my first choice. :sleep:

Hey everyone, first post so sorry if i dont do this correctly. Just wanted to mention that it appears only rejections have been sent so far. So I guess if you haven't heard anything that is a good thing. Much different from CO (my top choice), where people have only heard acceptances. Anyway, last year people began to get acceptance emails from Wyoming on 2/23. So it looks like we still have a couple weeks to wait.

Wyoming invited me to interview yesterday. It looks like they are interviewing every day for 2 Weeks. Feb 25-29 and March 3-7. Seems like a lot of interviews for only 52 spots.

:D:DI got an invite too!!! :D I haven't picked the day yet but they gave me the same options for an interview date. Wow!! I can't believe it!! :D

I got my interview invite today via email!!:D:D Ill be there on the 29th if the spaces are open. Anyone know how many open spots there are for each day?

I got an invite today too, but I will not be attending because I made my decision to go to Midwestern instead. I wish they would've gotten their invitations out a lot sooner since I would have liked to have toured the school! Does anybody know how many invitations they send out?

I got my interview invite today via email!!:D:D Ill be there on the 29th if the spaces are open. Anyone know how many open spots there are for each day?
I am not sure...I sent an email back with my 1st and 2nd choices for the interview date and I have yet to hear back. Have you heard back from them yet? I wonder if I should call to confirm a date...?

The word is 'no go' for U of Wyoming. I am bummed, but again, it looked very competitive ~ close to 10 percent are accepted. I received word today by e-mail. Congrats to the invitees, I am sure they just want to shake your hand and say 'welcome.'

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not sure...I sent an email back with my 1st and 2nd choices for the interview date and I have yet to hear back. Have you heard back from them yet? I wonder if I should call to confirm a date...?

Hmm... I would at least try emailing again. I actually already got a confirmation email so possibly they missed your email or something. I have another question. On the tuition and fees page, it mentions something about a "150% special rate" which is $6k less for tuition for out of state students. Anyone know what this is?

I got my interview date for Feb 28th!! :D Anyone else going this day??

yeah, they gave me three weeks to choose from!

sweet, well best of luck to you! Did they say anything about how many people they were interviewing this year?

not sure, but i do know chances are 1/3
didnt know the interview takes pretty much the entire day!

whats up everybody,
anybody else from colorado going up for an interview?
hope they have plenty of out of state spots!

whats up everybody,
anybody else from colorado going up for an interview?
hope they have plenty of out of state spots!

I am not from CO but they accept 20 out-of-state students and 32 in-state...hopefully, we have a good chance!! :D I guess it depends on how many they interview!! :D Well, good luck.

I'm scheduled for an interview on Mar 7th, does anyone else have the same date?

Yea I'm going on Mar. the 7th also ..... good luck to you

hey you guys, please let me know how the interview goes cuz I will have mine on the 13th. Good luck to you guys.

hey you guys, please let me know how the interview goes cuz I will have mine on the 13th. Good luck to you guys.

I have to say that this is the best interview I have had yet. The interviewers were very laid back. I felt a little nervous at first, but then it was talking to friends... well really intelligent friends, but friends nonetheless. Best of luck to you!

I have to say that this is the best interview I have had yet. The interviewers were very laid back. I felt a little nervous at first, but then it was talking to friends... well really intelligent friends, but friends nonetheless. Best of luck to you!

do you know if the area around school has a night scene?

do you know if the area around school has a night scene?

Ya know, I'm not actually sure. Was a smaller town, but there was plenty of college students around at the campus. I'm not sure exactly how many students go there total, but I met a few interviewees that went to undergrad there and wanted to stay for pharmacy school so my guess is that it cannot be that bad.
However my biggest turnoff was the lack of structured parking. It looks like students park on the streets near campus, and there is no real parking structure. I cannot stand having to fight to get a place to park, and dont understand why campuses cannot fix their parking problems. Another bummer was that living in cheyenne was not a good idea because sometimes the freeway to laramie gets shut down (and there is no bus system from cheyenne to laramie). Traveling to school seems less than pleasant, but the school seems pretty cool. If anyone going to the school knows more about ways to get around the parking, please let me know.

Ya know, I'm not actually sure. Was a smaller town, but there was plenty of college students around at the campus. I'm not sure exactly how many students go there total, but I met a few interviewees that went to undergrad there and wanted to stay for pharmacy school so my guess is that it cannot be that bad.
However my biggest turnoff was the lack of structured parking. It looks like students park on the streets near campus, and there is no real parking structure. I cannot stand having to fight to get a place to park, and dont understand why campuses cannot fix their parking problems. Another bummer was that living in cheyenne was not a good idea because sometimes the freeway to laramie gets shut down (and there is no bus system from cheyenne to laramie). Traveling to school seems less than pleasant, but the school seems pretty cool. If anyone going to the school knows more about ways to get around the parking, please let me know.

Thank you very much for the information!

I was up there over the weekend before my interview...I dont think it's like your typical college town as far as night life, but maybe I missed the good stuff not knowing where I was...But, there's some pretty cool dive bars in the old part of town and a brewery...There's like 30,000 people there so there has to be someplace decent to go.
I have to agree w/ above, parking was pretty lame...Even before 8am I had trouble finding a place to park without a permit, typical college parking issue though.....

Not to be a hater, but Laramie sucks pretty badly. I took my PCAT at UW and spent quite a bit of time driving around the town...it is quite a dive. I also know two people currently going to UW (one of them in the pharm school) and both aren't all that fond of the town (both say the school itself is fine though).