X-Ray techniques/terminology chart?

Started by Cornish
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cornish

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a chart on-line somewhere that describes X-ray terminology, like dorsal, ventral, lateral right, etc?

I just got a job where I will be doing some X-Rays and wanted to look into the types of positions so I knew more about what people were talking about when I go in on Monday. I had no luck finding one.

Thanks!
 
Go to a library or bookstore and look in the front of a good anatomy book. It should have explanation in there.

Here's from MN's website http://vanat.cvm.umn.edu/anatDirections/

The only thing I didn't see there that we use in anatomy at UTK is palmar (pads of the forlimbs)/dorsal and plantar(pads of the hindlimbs)/dorsal