Xavier And Famu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got my rejection letter from FAMU about 2-3 weeks ago too. I toured thier facilities last summer and they have a new building that they have to upkeep and someone that worked thier told me they were trying to expand bec right now they only have 1 building and they need to have new equip and more space bec of all the students. so maybe they are just taking instate people to fill those few spots and just using the rest of the money to finish thier facilities. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

The thing is FAMU is 0-6 program so a lot of their students just have to maintain a 2.5 and they will be allowed into their program after the pre-req and General ED classes are complete. So a lot of people that apply get rejected because of that. I've heard like 3.9 and 90's PCAT get rejected. So i wasn't too surprised when i got there letter.

I had an interview at FAMU and am still waiting to hear back from them. Anyone else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad :)
And they have more than ten spots. Don't believe everything that you hear.

Isn't FAMU losing the accreditation this year?

You all really need to do some more research. FAMU is having financial problems so they are on probation. They have until summer 2008 to fix the problems and if they don't, then they will lose their accreditation. Worse case scenario, FSU will probably absorb the pharmacy school into their med school anyway. They've had their eye on it for a while.

yeah i called them after winter break time and they told me that my letters of recommendation werent in. i talked to like 4 people and all of them said that my file was incomplete. turns out...they screwed something or another out and they had my entire file all along. then they claimed they called me in february for an interview but i never got the call even though i'm the one sittin by the phone and standing next to the mailbox....

anyway...i ended up having the interview in mid-march but i still havent heard anything.....a couple of students from there have told me that xavier is the worst when it comes to handling paperwork

just a thought

I had an interview as well, but have not heard anything yet.