Xavier COP 2018-2019 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Samone

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
He yall, I thought I'd start a conversation going for applicants that have submitted or are planing to submit an application to Xavier this year. I've already submitted my application and have been verified. I haven't heard anything yet but please feel free to let me know how your app process is going :).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an email to schedule my interview. Super excited! I just want to sort of document the process for this particular school for anyone else who is set on Xavier. Will post my Interview date once it has been scheduled.

Just got an email to schedule my interview. Super excited! I just want to sort of document the process for this particular school for anyone else who is set on Xavier. Will post my Interview date once it has been scheduled.

I am not applying to Xavier, but congratulations on your interview! I'm just curious; you applied in early September. Why did you hear back two months later? What a slow process!

By the way, I love your icon picture!

Members don't see this ad :)
He yall, I thought I'd start a conversation going for applicants that have submitted or are planing to submit an application to Xavier this year. I've already submitted my application and have been verified. I haven't heard anything yet but please feel free to let me know how your app process is going :).

Congratulations on your interview! I will be applying to Xavier this week so I'll keep my fingers crossed. I have already applied to Howard and received an interview date of Jan 19th. Will message with updates as they come. Best wishing everyone!

Holy crap is the cost of attendence really $52k per year? (http://www2.xula.edu/financial-aid/documents/18-19/COST OF ATTENDANCE BUDGETS 18-19.pdf) All added up and you’ll graduate with $212,194 in debt. On a 10 year 6% interest repayment plan, that’s a $2356 monthly payment. That’s way too much considering you’ll likely only be making about $80k/year as a pharmacist after you graduate. Your take home pay will be much below national average salary even though you’ll be have a doctorate degree.

I am not applying to Xavier, but congratulations on your interview! I'm just curious; you applied in early September. Why did you hear back two months later? What a slow process!

By the way, I love your icon picture!
Thanks! I honestly have no idea why the process takes so long but I did read on their homepage that they expected interviews to begin in December. Also good luck to where ever you end up applying!

Congratulations on your interview! I will be applying to Xavier this week so I'll keep my fingers crossed. I have already applied to Howard and received an interview date of Jan 19th. Will message with updates as they come. Best wishing everyone!
That's awesome! I haven't submitted my app to Howard yet but good luck with both of those applications. Definitely keep me posted :)

Congratulations! I hope to have my application completed by today. Also applying to 2-3 other schools as well.

Congratulations! I hope to have my application completed by today. Also applying to 2-3 other schools as well.

Good luck to you! The interview was very relaxed but expect a writing portion. Is Xavier your first choice?

Just an update, I got my acceptance letter on New Years Eve. So excited! If anyone has started a group for the class of 2023, feel free to drop a link here.

Reactions: 2 users
@Samone I said I would drop updates. Interviewed with Howard U as scheduled on Jan 19th and received my acceptance the following week! Super excited. Best of luck to the fellow class of 2023 preparing for this transition!!

Reactions: 1 users
@Samone I just got accepted there as well. Do you know if we have to apply to the school once accepted or will we already be in the system since they accepted us.

@Samone I just got accepted there as well. Do you know if we have to apply to the school once accepted or will we already be in the system since they accepted us.
I believe we are already in the system. You should have recieved a student number in your acceptance letter, at least I did because I'm coming from another school. Congratulations by the way!

I believe we are already in the system. You should have recieved a student number in your acceptance letter, at least I did because I'm coming from another school. Congratulations by the way!
Thanks. I never received a letter I had to contact the school. Congrats to you too!