Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Xavier COP 2018-2019 cycle

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Samone, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Samone

Pre-Pharmacy
    He yall, I thought I'd start a conversation going for applicants that have submitted or are planing to submit an application to Xavier this year. I've already submitted my application and have been verified. I haven't heard anything yet but please feel free to let me know how your app process is going :).

GodIsBeautiful likes this.
  2. Samone

Pre-Pharmacy
    Just got an email to schedule my interview. Super excited! I just want to sort of document the process for this particular school for anyone else who is set on Xavier. Will post my Interview date once it has been scheduled.

GodIsBeautiful likes this.
  3. GodIsBeautiful

Pharmacy Student
    I am not applying to Xavier, but congratulations on your interview! I'm just curious; you applied in early September. Why did you hear back two months later? What a slow process!

By the way, I love your icon picture!

4. PharmLyfe23

Congratulations on your interview! I will be applying to Xavier this week so I'll keep my fingers crossed. I have already applied to Howard and received an interview date of Jan 19th. Will message with updates as they come. Best wishing everyone!

Samone likes this.
  5. Timbo

7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Holy crap is the cost of attendence really $52k per year? (http://www2.xula.edu/financial-aid/documents/18-19/COST%20OF%20ATTENDANCE%20BUDGETS%2018-19.pdf) All added up and you’ll graduate with $212,194 in debt. On a 10 year 6% interest repayment plan, that’s a $2356 monthly payment. That’s way too much considering you’ll likely only be making about $80k/year as a pharmacist after you graduate. Your take home pay will be much below national average salary even though you’ll be have a doctorate degree.

6. Samone

Pre-Pharmacy
    Thanks! I honestly have no idea why the process takes so long but I did read on their homepage that they expected interviews to begin in December. Also good luck to where ever you end up applying!

7. Samone

Pre-Pharmacy
    That's awesome! I haven't submitted my app to Howard yet but good luck with both of those applications. Definitely keep me posted :)

8. wannabePharmD78

Pre-Pharmacy
    Congratulations! I hope to have my application completed by today. Also applying to 2-3 other schools as well.

9. Samone

Pre-Pharmacy
    Good luck to you! The interview was very relaxed but expect a writing portion. Is Xavier your first choice?