XAVIER student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BaB3

PhArmDGal
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anyone receive an invitation for interview or know anything about xavier please help me i am desperate hehehehe thanks:(

Members don't see this ad.

I sent in my application in December. I got an interview on March 1. I'm from Texas. My friend also has an interview on the same day. They called me around 2/8 to schedule the interview. You should keep calling them b/c I have a couple of friends that said Xavier had lost some of their application materials and their applications were incomplete causing their applications not be considered. My friend has been calling them, but I don't know if she will still be considered. That sux though b/c she sent in everything, but they lost it.

I also applied to Xavier and I am a Louisiana resident. I called them earlier today and they told me to wait for a letter. I haven't heard anything and am worried also.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called months ago because my materials were not listed as being received. They found them, but I still haven't heard anything...I'm a transfer student. Does anyone know if transfers are seriously considered???

I heard that they do accept their students first even though they say they don't. I also heard today that they are looking for students because of all the bad news about New Orleans and the crime level. Also, how did you find out your file was complete? Did you look on their website?

I heard that they do accept their students first even though they say they don't. I also heard today that they are looking for students because of all the bad news about New Orleans and the crime level. Also, how did you find out your file was complete? Did you look on their website?

I applied online. I called to check if they received everything and they told me that if I applied online the materials should show up when you log into your application. Of course it didn't, so I called and the lady I spoke with found my materials and updated my online application. I still haven't heard anything else from them. Have you?

Just something to consider w/ Xavier, This a private school that is heavily weight toward the African-American student. I was living in La, just north of N.O. until 11/05 (thank you Katrina) and looked closely at Xavier. I was told by very reliable sources that my chances would be quite slim, due to that fact that I am white. I don't know your races, so I don't know if this will effect you. But race is a very real consideration for Xavier. Good Luck and I hope that it works for you.

What??????? That is impossible! I know that Xavier is know for supporting the minority, but I dont think they will not accept a student based on the color. I know that they support their students 100 % which is fair, but i dont thinkt hey discrimate agains any race....

Oooh yeah! are all of you guys still waiting for anything? I have not received anythign from Xavier besides the letter on December 15 06! That letter was just to informed they have recieved all of my documents that is all!! I tried to give Xavier a phone call but they hang up the phone or act as if I was tooo stupid and impatience and I feels as if they dont have enought time for "non Xavier students"

What??????? That is impossible! I know that Xavier is know for supporting the minority, but I dont think they will not accept a student based on the color. I know that they support their students 100 % which is fair, but i dont thinkt hey discrimate agains any race....

They put the A.A. students higher on the list than other races. So if you are white and there is an A.A. student that is equal to you they will take the AA student. That is just way it is. Good Luck

If you think about there are not that many "white" residences in New Orleans. Majority of their students are african american. It is a school well known to honor the african american or to place minority students. I do know that it is a catholic school, so i dont think they are very strict with that. I do understand that they place priority for their students first. I know that they dont select another race over another, but i know they do select their students over any other students. If you think about it all of their students are african american so of course they will pick their students first.

Did evryone that applied to Xavier get a letter saying they recived all of their documents and that their file was complete?

Did everyone that applied to Xavier get a letter saying they recived all of their documents and that their file was complete? From what I heard they were sent out in late December.

I sent in my application in December, pretty close to the deadline. I got an interview invite in early February. I don't recall receiving anything about my application being complete.

Just something to consider w/ Xavier, This a private school that is heavily weight toward the African-American student. I was living in La, just north of N.O. until 11/05 (thank you Katrina) and looked closely at Xavier. I was told by very reliable sources that my chances would be quite slim, due to that fact that I am white. I don't know your races, so I don't know if this will effect you. But race is a very real consideration for Xavier. Good Luck and I hope that it works for you.

Let me start by stating that I am currently a student from Xavier. Xavier is an HBCU so of course the majority of the students are African-American. I don't know who your "very reliable sources" are, but I feel like you may have been misinformed. In addition to African-American pharmacy students, there are also a number of Asian and white pharmacy students. So apparently race isn't that much of an issue.

Hey I just got accepted into Xavier Pharmacy...I was wondering if you could do me a favor and tell me how your experience has been at that school...Thanks so much!