Xofigo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ohioapplicant

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any role for RadOncs to administer drugs like Xofigo?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
We are doing them all in our practice, hasn't even been a conversation about whether us or Nuc Med. There are good consults to see, as I've seen a few with large mets in the proximal femurs that I've run by Ortho and/or done a short course of EBRT while waiting for Xofigo to process/arrive. Same with spine mets, I often throw in 20/5 if bulky/threatening cord. Med Oncs and certainly Nuc Meds don't think about these local issues as we do.

We are doing them all in our practice, hasn't even been a conversation about whether us or Nuc Med. There are good consults to see, as I've seen a few with large mets in the proximal femurs that I've run by Ortho and/or done a short course of EBRT while waiting for Xofigo to process/arrive. Same with spine mets, I often throw in 20/5 if bulky/threatening cord. Med Oncs and certainly Nuc Meds don't think about these local issues as we do.
That's a very good point and I completely agree.

how do you guys figure out use of this drug around chemo regimens?

how do you guys figure out use of this drug around chemo regimens?
It's pretty straight forward (I think). It's only approved for metastatic castrate-resistant prostate CA with symptomatic bone mets, without evidence of visceral mets (since Xofigo only has a predilection for targeting bone).

If someone presents to me with visceral metastatic disease, I'd send them for chemo (and if their PS isn't great, I believe there is some data now for Zytiga, and soon for Xtandi)