Xula pharmacy acceptance process for fall 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cookdawg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question: Has anyone gotten an acceptance/denied letter yet? And what are the chances of out of state students getting accepted this year.

Members don't see this ad.

If you guys are not sure what school I am taking about, I am talking about Xavier University of Louisiana. I had my interview with them, but I have not heard anything else from them, and I was wondering has anyone else heard anything.

it's a private school so there is no bias towards out of state students per se. however, they do tend to favor their own students who did prepharm there who I assume are more likely to be from louisiana so that might inflate numbers of instate students. also, look at the last year threads, it seems that you have a while before people start to hear from them. it's nonrolling so everyone should hear back near the same time. good luck.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, and congrats on the schools you have been accepted to. Hopefully I hear something back soon, and also do you know what was the name of the thread from last year...

we may get them soon

Last edited:
Question: Has anyone gotten an acceptance/denied letter yet? And what are the chances of out of state students getting accepted this year.

When did you get your interview? I am a student at Xavier but haven't receive any letter from them yet.

When did you get your interview? I am a student at Xavier but haven't receive any letter from them yet.

My interview was in Dec, and if you don't mind could you tell me how your experience has been there because if I am accepted, it will be totally new for me.

My interview was in Dec, and if you don't mind could you tell me how your experience has been there because if I am accepted, it will be totally new for me.

I just receive my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday! I got accepted! so excited!

I've been at Xavier for two semesters and I have to say, most professors here are exceptionally caring and are willing to he help their students to succeed. However, the staff here e.g. people that answers the phone when you can in for help, are not as polite and could be rude at times. Overall, I would prefer Xavier over my previous university, University of Louisiana at Monroe.

I just receive my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday! I got accepted! so excited!

I've been at Xavier for two semesters and I have to say, most professors here are exceptionally caring and are willing to he help their students to succeed. However, the staff here e.g. people that answers the phone when you can in for help, are not as polite and could be rude at times. Overall, I would prefer Xavier over my previous university, University of Louisiana at Monroe.

Congrats, I just check my mail when I saw this, however I am waitlisted, hopefully a spot becomes open. Also, do you know if I call the office will they let me know what number I am on the waitlist.

Accepted as well. Although I'm a Chicago resident, who so much despise art of moving/relocation, I think I'm going to attend this school.

Never really imagined it at first but yea, I'm going to call Midwestern tomorrow & give up my spot; for select personal reasons.

dawg, it's likely you'll eventually make it in. Though I'm not sure how the whole waitlist thing works. But goodluck to you & others. Hope to see you all there in August :thumbup:

Hello everyone. I received my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday. :luck: .Can't wait to meet everyone. Also does anyone know how on campus housing works? Is it expensive? Is it only for pharmacy students? I think that may be the best way to go since I'm coming from out of state and don't know too much about New Orleans.

Hello everyone. I received my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday. :luck: .Can't wait to meet everyone. Also does anyone know how on campus housing works? Is it expensive? Is it only for pharmacy students? I think that may be the best way to go since I'm coming from out of state and don't know too much about New Orleans.

Hi.

Here is the link to their housing info: http://www.xula.edu/housing/index.php

I likely might go up there 2-3 weeks early in order to get the housing thing sorted, and maybe sorta get acquainted with the general surroundings before the start of classes.

If I happen to make it to P2 (hopefully), I'll likely consider a shared apartment. It seems to be a lot cheaper. But the problem would be finding a very good fit; ie safe neighborhood, fair distance from school/transportation etc

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi.

Here is the link to their housing info: http://www.xula.edu/housing/index.php

I likely might go up there 2-3 weeks early in order to get the housing thing sorted, and maybe sorta get acquainted with the general surroundings before the start of classes.

If I happen to make it to P2 (hopefully), I'll likely consider a shared apartment. It seems to be a lot cheaper. But the problem would be finding a very good fit; ie safe neighborhood, fair distance from school/transportation etc

Thanks I really appreciate it. I will be taking Theology at Xavier's session 2 summer term. So I need to find housing asap lol. And you WILL make it to P2 we will be sure that everyone makes it. We have to claim our PharmD ahead of time :)

Thanks I really appreciate it. I will be taking Theology at Xavier's session 2 summer term. So I need to find housing asap lol. And you WILL make it to P2 we will be sure that everyone makes it. We have to claim our PharmD ahead of time :)
Not exactly sure how that works...but it definitely sounds like good plan :D:thumbup:

By the way, when exactly do their second summer session start? I can't seem to find the definite date. I'm looking to take a course as well (health ethics)...if they will be offering it at all.

Not exactly sure how that works...but it definitely sounds like good plan :D:thumbup:

By the way, when exactly do their second summer session start? I can't seem to find the definite date. I'm looking to take a course as well (health ethics)...if they will be offering it at all.

They start on June 24 and end July 30th. And as of now I will probably be taking health ethics also. I am not sure if they are offering Theology but I plan on contacting the admission's staff tomorrow to see if they know as of yet. I will be sure to keep you posted.

hey you guys, I got accepted, finally I can relax a little...

Any acceptance for fall 2012. I had my interview back in Dec.

Congratulations. Are you instate or out state? I was just wondering because i am from other state.

Congratulations. Are you instate or out state? I was just wondering because i am from other state.

Thanks. I am out of state (Houston); however, I was born and raised in LA. Live there for 16 years. ;)

When was your interview in December if you dont mind asking you. Mine was December 16, and i am still waiting .

Hey everybody, I am new to this forum. I am going to apply to Xavier, Lipscomb and Belmont this upcoming August. I have not taken the PCAT yet but I will this summer. Can anyone please send me their STATS if they got accepted?? I want to know what people had when they got accepted to give me a better idea.
THANKS!

Does anyone know any safe and nice apartment for rent? I planning to either lives by myself or share with roommates; any suggestion? Thanks