XXsxr

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medstart108

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
XXsxr - Genetically are females, but develop as males due to translocation of the SYR gene.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this. If you have the SYR gene you will develop testes, however if you have XX chromsomes what will that do to your development? Will you produce as much testosterone will you be fertile, what will your external genitalia look like etc? Will it be similar to Kleinfelter's XXY?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

you will be male and you won't even know. You probably have it. Once you have AMH you never go back

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, this clears things up. So basically it is similar to Kleinfelters in the sense that you are phenotypically male but most likely with some form of hypogonadism, low testosterone and feminine characteristics.

Thanks, this clears things up. So basically it is similar to Kleinfelters in the sense that you are phenotypically male but most likely with some form of hypogonadism, low testosterone and feminine characteristics.
no i dont think you have low testosterone or hypogonadism, and i think you are sterile. It is not the same as klienfelters. I have never seen anyone with this however.

So if you are sterile how about your external genitalia, your secondary sexual characteristics?

Sterile in this case meaning spermatogenesis is affected and you will have nonfunctional sperm. External genitalia should be normal. Maybe small testicles a la klinefelter?

Reactions: 1 user
If they are fertile, do they only give birth to female babies, or do they give birth to more possibly XXsxr babies?

The Y chromosome is essentially a degenerate X chromosome with SRY gene on it.

You can think of XXsr as functionally XY. After a few generations, the Xsr chromosome will begin to lose genetic data to the point that it becomes another Y chromosome.

XXsxr - Genetically are females, but develop as males due to translocation of the SYR gene.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this. If you have the SYR gene you will develop testes, however if you have XX chromsomes what will that do to your development? Will you produce as much testosterone will you be fertile, what will your external genitalia look like etc? Will it be similar to Kleinfelter's XXY?
:lol::lol:

They are sterile. They have male secondary sexual characteristics. They don't give birth, would be hard to with a penis anyway. Not sure where pulled the stuff about the XXsr chromosome eventually becoming an Y chromosome. That entire post is basically false.
They have male secondary sexual characteristics. It appears I was wrong about fertility, but if you have SRY, you have balls. How do you think the Y chromosome evolved? It's basically a carrier of SRY and a few spermatogenesis developing genes, which derived from a former autosomal chromosome.

Don't have a better source, but I'm on mobile.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XX_male_syndrome