Xxx

Started by gonnif
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Overall GPA:
2009: 3.48
2010: 3.47

Science GPA:
2009: 3.35
2010: 3.36

MCAT:
2009: 26.19
2010: 26.49

Conclusion? Greater emphasis is being placed on MCAT scores.
 
PCOM says that to fill out a supplemental app, you need:

Letter of evaluation from the premedical committee, premedical advisor, or the Dean of the college granting the undergraduate degree. Individual faculty letters do not fulfill this requirement.

I guess I won't apply there as my school had no premedical committee, the advisor sucks (doesn't even know what a DO is) and there's no way I'm gonna be able to get a letter from my dean...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PCOM says that to fill out a supplemental app, you need:

Letter of evaluation from the premedical committee, premedical advisor, or the Dean of the college granting the undergraduate degree. Individual faculty letters do not fulfill this requirement.

I guess I won't apply there as my school had no premedical committee, the advisor sucks (doesn't even know what a DO is) and there's no way I'm gonna be able to get a letter from my dean...

My school (UCI) doesn't either, but a Dean's certification is enough to bypass this requirement. Here's the link: http://www.dos.uci.edu/conduct/deancert.php

IIRC UCLA has a similar certification, so you may want to check if your school offers it too.
 
I don't think my school (University of Washington) has anything like that. I'll check around though.

If they don't just walk into the Deans office and ask for a simple letter stating "Mr/Ms. LastPolarBear was a student at our school between xxxx and xxxx. He/she successfully completed a degree in xxxxx with no disciplinary action."

It's total B.S. that PCOM requires it, but what can you do? Good luck!