Yale Anesthesia/CCM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coprolalia

Bored Certified
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any info? What's New Haven like to live/work in? How's the working environment? Is there a healthy respect for the input/management of the intensivist? Open, semi-closed, or closed units?

Any info appreciated.

-copro

Members don't see this ad.

Any info? What's New Haven like to live/work in? How's the working environment? Is there a healthy respect for the input/management of the intensivist? Open, semi-closed, or closed units?

Any info appreciated.

-copro

Dude,
Stay away for Yale CCM program ,the director is a trauma surgeon.
The unit is closed,has two anesthesiologists rest are surgeons.
We do two months of rotation in SICU and it is he most dreaded amongst 99% of the residents
In last 5 yrs nobody at the Yale anesthesa program has opted for a fellowship there.
Otherwise New haven is a nice city,tons of restaurants ,great night life
These are my two cents rest is upto you.

Dude,
Stay away for Yale CCM program ,the director is a trauma surgeon,is an ass.
We do two months of rotation in SICU and it is he most dreaded amongst 99% of the residents
In last 5 yrs nobody at the Yale anesthesa program has opted for a fellowship there.
I know who you're referring to, and he is actually really good at teaching. He is hard on the anesthesia residents for some reason, moreso than the EM and surgery residents.

The SICU fellowship is rather surgeon-biased.

Members don't see this ad :)

Any info appreciated.

-copro

Do a search for yale. Wait....I'll do it for you. I wrote quite a bit about new haven over the last couple of years.

The SICU is a closed unit. The intensivists get a great deal of respect and they literally run the show for most of the patients. The unit itself is very busy and can be malignant at times for the residents. See the links below for more info on yale and new haven.

http://gasforums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=429737&highlight=yale

http://gasforums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=196534&highlight=yale+anesthesia

Dude,
Stay away for Yale CCM program ,the director is a trauma surgeon,is an ass.

Hahahahha.

Serenity, I thought you loved the SICU director!

Hey, guys. Thanks so much for the info! I'm in the process of "building my list" right now, and I appreciate your input!

-copro