Yale Financial Aid Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DianaLynne

Catwoman!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just received a financial aid packet from Yale via snail mail today and I was wondering a couple of things. Has everyone who interviewed at Yale got one? Does this bode well for an acceptance in March? Am I to fill out their forms now or wait until I hear from their adcom? Who can help this poor girl?

Members don't see this ad.

DianaLynne said:
Just received a financial aid packet from Yale via snail mail today and I was wondering a couple of things. Has everyone who interviewed at Yale got one? Does this bode well for an acceptance in March? Am I to fill out their forms now or wait until I hear from their adcom? Who can help this poor girl?

as a 4th year med student, I can't answer your question about what the fact that you received this letter means, but I would say if you have a question about what it means, to call the admissions office. Ask why you received the letter, and whether your acceptance is contingent your finances.

Good advice. I'll give them a call this next week. But you know how we premeds are, we read so much into so little. My thinking is that this packet secretly means that I'll be accepted or at least waitlisted. I'm thinking accepted. Anyone else out there get one?

Of course, for more exposure, I should post a similar thread in PreAllo.

I received it also. I want to think that it means we're accepted but am pretty sure that it goes out to everyone who interviewed because the process is better to get started earlier than when they notify.

Would you post again if you end up calling? Thanks.