Yale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blitzkrieg

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
how long does it take after the app is complete to hear back from Yale? Are they good about sending out rejections/acceptances? What about Michigan? This sucks! Oh ya, Duke too..been complete there since beginning of September. Dartmouth? errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
how long does it take after the app is complete to hear back from Yale? Are they good about sending out rejections/acceptances? What about Michigan? This sucks! Oh ya, Duke too..been complete there since beginning of September. Dartmouth? errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

For Yale, you could hear back 1.5-2 weeks later even if you turn in the secondary late (true story). But you also could hear back 1.5-2 months after or later. It really depends on your app and what they think of it. They also say that they're not rolling?

There's no real "standard" time for people to hear back, contrary to popular belief. For example, for Michigan, I have friends who heard back the earliest possible and got in, but I also have friends who heard back much later in the process and still got in.

Note that Michigan is rolling and the committee meets every couple weeks or so, and Duke is just lagging. :)

i heard back from umich, yale and duke quickly enough from what i understand (about 1 month to 6 weeks after 2ndary). BUT i know people who didn't even interview there until like feb/march, and were accepted.

yale is non-rolling. no acceptances/rejections send out till about the 3rd week of march. michigan is rolling. acceptances/waitlists are going around now, but i don't think we've seen any rejections yet (?? correct me if i'm wrong). duke is non-rolling, their batch of acceptances/rejections/waitlists are sent out the end of february. i can't help u w/dartmouth. sorry.

breathe. :) you'll make it. :)