Yay New York!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CherryberryMint

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i got an interview for suny! yaaay
very excited indeed! im scheduled Tuesday January 15th! anyone else interviewing that day as well? :)
i've never been to new york, so i am planning to go a couple days earlier to explore! suggestions of awesome places to play too please!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey congrats! : D

did they email you about the invite or was it through mail?

be sure to read the interview portion of SDN it helps alooot.

g'luck!

hahah thanks! i got mine through snail mail!
and i will definitely read up on those interview questions! did you go to your suny interview yet?
...if you applied to suny that is :)

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats and goodluck! I recently had my interview and found many of the questions similar to the interview feedback forum on sdn. Make sure sure to know your personal statement and app well, since although I was expecting most questions, Dr. Johnston also asked about why I decided to attend a community college, but my response wasn't as thorough as I had hoped.

ooOo good job on finishing the interview! did they tell you if you got accepted right on the spot? or do they mail the result to you later? oh man! im so nervous :p

right now my application is on hold for my OATS ANNND the rest of my LOR's to get in. :smuggrin: I really wish I had planned out my application time line a bit better, but things have been too hectic with school for me to really make time for my apps. Anyways, before the interview began, Dr. Johnston told me that they want to see my OAT scores + this semesters grades because I completed most of my under division courses and general education before transferring to a 4 yr university. The committee doesn't seem too fond taking courses in a community college, since another friend of mine who interviewed the same day was also put on hold and his application was also complete.

I had my interview at SUNY yesterday! it was really cool there. the interview was very chill, didn't even seem like an interview. the admissions committee was super nice and made me feel very comfortable. and at the end of the day, Dr. Johnston told me i was accepted! you'll do fine, just be confident.

oh my goodness CONGRATSSSSS hextor!!!!!!
aren't you like sooo relieved right now?
are you still interviewing for other schools? or are you gotta go for SUNY for sure? :)

and good luck chelsahoo! :) i hope you get accepted soon!

thank you!!!
and yes, i am super relieved now!
ummm... im still going to interview at UC Berkeley (if i even get an interview) because thats the only other school i would go to.

Goodluck Cherry, I had my SUNY interview before thanksgiving and Dr. Johnston was out. The interviewers were laid back and were non-intimidating. If you have anything weak (OAT, or a bad grade) just be ready to explain it. Goodluck! I'll def. be there next year.. Hextor, have you decided to go to SUNY?

Richard.... yes, i am going to accept the offer of admissions to SUNY and pay the $500. but i might end up changing my mind if i get into UC berkeley, so I'll lose the money! oh well, its worth it i think.

and cherry, richard is right, if u have any weaknesses be ready to explain because they asked me a lot about my application.

hahah i will be ready!!! thanks guys! i love the sdn support network!

hextor im applying for berkeley too! good luck on it :)
i would love to go to either berkeley or suny. they are both like...faaaabulous schools. sigh. so scary...

richard! omg congrats on your acceptance!!! i am so proud of you! remember when we were still freaking out about taking our OATs? haha its all done for you :) i did get a 300 on my reading :( do you think they will ask about that? everything else is either 370 or 380 though.

oops... never mind, just got the official acceptance letter in the mail today and it says that the $500 is "100% refundable upon written request before april 1"

And you can get 50% of the deposit back before May 15th...which is good to know because I don't think UCB will send out acceptances until April 11th. On the UCBSO calendar it says that April 11 is admit day for class of 2012. Unless you get some sort of early acceptance or something.......

I cannot wait this long baaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

Did anyone get a letter from SUNY this week about interviews? They were suppose to send me a letter regardless last Monday when the committee met but I haven't gotten it yet. Just wonderin'. Thanks!

hey jen! i think berkeley is sending out their acceptance letters way before admit day lol. last time the berkeley lady came to my school she told me that they let their students know like mid feb. no worries :) Admit day is suppose to be the day that students go visit the school after they are accepted... im pretty sure :D

ohh thats excellent news cherryberrymint!! woohoo!! I wish UCB came to my school to make a presentation :(

GOOD LUCK to everyone who has an interview with SUNY!! :)