Year off and 2ndaries! HELP!

Started by simsima03
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

simsima03

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I am applying to med school this year and looking for a job b/c I just finished up my Master's of public health ... unfortunately the job hunt is going kinda slow. For now... what do you think I should say in my secondaries about what i am doing this year??
😕

i dont want to sound like I have nothing going on... but I also am spending ALL my time looking for jobs!?

any advice would be appreciated~
 
I am in the same position. I just answer with something like "I am currently seeking employment in 'X City' where I plan to live and work over the following year." I think the schools just like to know what you're up to during the time that you are applying. But I don't think it would make a difference to them if you are working a job now or still looking, especially this time of year. As long as someone isn't at home watching TV all day, they'll be fine with pretty much anything during the 'glide year' (working, traveling, volunteering, etc.).