YES!!.......accepted to Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopkins2010

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
FYI, interview on 9/25, got the letter today.

Funny thing is, I didnt think my interview went particularly well. It wasnt a bad experience, just more of bland, boring type than most of the others..

Just goes to show you that you never can tell.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! Is Vandy one of your top choices?

Congrats! Was that MD/PhD or regular MD?

Members don't see this ad :)
Its regular MD... but one of my top MD only choices. Unless I get accepted MSTP somewhere else then I'm strongly leaning towards Vandy.

On a side note, they dont require you to send them any fee to hold your place in the class.

I'm wondering if I should cancel the rest of my MD interviews. What are your thoughts on the following schools put up against Vanderbilt?

Georgetown
George Washington Univ.
Rochester

Don't even mess with the other schools. Go to Vandy. I loved Vandy, but they wait-listed me.

-as long as transportation isn't an issue, i suggest you keep your applications at all your schools and decide to pull them AFTER you interview.

congrats, dude. where did you apply MD-PhD?
you were already accepted somewhere else, right? was it Tulane? i can't remember.

Hey Baylor21,
congratulations on your acceptance!
That's awesome. :)

By any chance do you know if GW or Georgetown will let people reschedule their interviews later in the application cycle (I'm thinking of January)? I was accepted to UVA and would like to stop missing classes at this point, and really liked UVA when I interviewed there.

I would think that Georgetown and GW would be great if you wanted to live in the DC area for any reason (family, love the area, etc) but other than that... I think they are both very decent schools but most people who choose them probably have personal reasons or just feel like they're a good personality fit. I could be totally wrong, but that's the impression I got...

CONGRATS Baylor21!

choker, I've been accepted to Saint Louis Univ and Vandy so far.

I'm applying MD/PhD to: Univ. of Washington, UNC, Yale, Harvard, Penn, Hopkins, UVA, Pitt, Ohio State, Washington Univ.

I should hear back from Wash. U. in a week. Most of the other ones I've interviewed at so far wont tell me anything till February or later.

elle,

I'm not sure how receptive GWU or Georgetown is to rescheduling, I'm about to try. I tried to put too many of these interviews in one semester and it has killed me so far. If Georgetown wont reschedule for January or later, then I will probably drop my application. I think actually they are very hesitant to reschedule for any later than the dates they stated in their interview letter.

Congrats on UVA. I'm about to leave on a plane tomorrow to go to interviews at Dartmouth (MD) and then UVA for MD/PhD. I actually need to be sleeping now because I have to wake up at 4:00 AM to drive to the airport.

Baylor,

If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't bother with GWU or G-Town. Vandy is in a big step up from either of them. Even if you got into MD/PhD at those schools, I think I would take MD program at Vandy still. Just my opinion though...

Congrats. I concure about Georgetown and GW. Just forget them. Georgetown won't let you reschedual. I tried and the had the most unfriendly staff I have come across.

hi baylor,

congrats, vandy is excellent med school. i understand that you're also applying to MSTP. actually, i'm very interested in this program too, do you need to have pubs before applying?

Congrats! I have a good friend who went to Vanderbilt and loved it!
Best of luck to you!
L :)

Baylor,

I went to GW and was thoroughly unimpressed by the school... by the end of the "sell you the school" tour, I was checking my watch looking forward to going home. Save yourself the time and money and go celebrate your acceptance! Congratulations :)

Chunk-ee

hey baylor, mind posting some stats?

chunk-ee,
so why didn't you like gw?
have you been accepted there?