Yes, another timeline question.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OrdinaryDO

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this question has been beaten to death, but please give me one last go at this and make me feel a bit better ;)

I don't want to submit my application until my personal statement is finished and revised (will be done this week), but a more concerning matter is my MCAT score which I will be receiving on Aug. 18th. I will submit on that day and I want to know if this is considered late or okay?

Members don't see this ad.

August is getting kind of late. September is considered late. Depends a lot on your stats.

My top choice is my in-state D.O. school (Oklahoma State) and they don't start interviews until October. Say I submit on the 18th of August and it is verified before October (the Secondary is automatic). Am I still pretty competitive? I have been told from previous posts that my stats are good as long as my MCAT score isn't low.

I realize how hypothetical this question, but any advice helps to ease the anxiety.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not late at all for the DO world. When I applied, I did so around that time and had no issues at all. Once you start reaching mid-October is when you're at the border of late.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd say october is getting late. I know two people who got in applying in november though. Nothing particularly amazing stats wise from them either. Earlier always the better however.

@keels99 applied in Feb? She got in with an MCAT 26.

However, rumors say......if youre attractive.....add 3 points to your MCAT. JK

When you guys say apply does that mean MCAT score included? As is the case with OP, the application will be verified before September but MCAT will not be ready until Sept-Oct

When you guys say apply does that mean MCAT score included? As is the case with OP, the application will be verified before September but MCAT will not be ready until Sept-Oct
my friends' applications were complete in november and thats when they started submitting their applications. One applied nov (MCAT delay). The other was focused on MD so applied in november when they werent getting any love from MD.

Why not apply to just one throwaway school right now? That way by the time your MCAT score come in, you already have your app verified and ready to go.

As silly as this may sound, I don't have any money to throw around right now. My personal statement is nearly finished, I am waiting on a committee letter to come in late August, and my MCAT score won't be up until the 18th of August. I have basically my whole application hinging on my MCAT score right now. I have tried to get as many opinions on my application and everyone says I should be good to go as long as my MCAT is decent, so, with that being said I was hoping my timeline would still be good to go if I decided to wait.

P.S. I didn't really know about this whole "Submitting to a throw away school for early verification" thing until right after I took my MCAT.

Your current timeline is not ideal but its still not that bad. The application processing time is really what's gonna hurt you. Then there is the possibility they screw up your GPA calculation which a lot of people have been complaining about. This will further delay your app. So, in my opinion, your best bet is to try to find the money for that $195 app fee for one school so that you can get verified soon and clear up any errors that might pop up on your app.

Let's say I get the money and submit early, will my LOR still be good to submit after the fact? I found something online on the AACOMAS, but my committee is using virtual e-val..so I guess, now that I mention it, I can submit because virtual e-val works off of a different system than the new AACOMAS letter system. But, you can't edit your PS after submission, right?

@keels99 applied in Feb? She got in with an MCAT 26.

However, rumors say......if youre attractive.....add 3 points to your MCAT. JK
Does that mean we should have subtracted 3 points from mine since I look like a troll hahahaha

Reactions: 1 user