Yes, I know.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ocwaveoc

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
that choosing a school is highly personal.
But, I'm just curious. In one word, which would you choose, CCOM, DMU or Western?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

that choosing a school is highly personal.
But, I'm just curious. In one word, which would you choose, CCOM, DMU or Western?

thanks!

normal_search-button-for-dummies.jpg

If you choose CCOM or DMU you are going to freeze to death. Is western in Cali? That might be your best bet.

Members don't see this ad :)
So many are brave behind the keyboards.

Remember that med school is 4 years, not 2. CCOM's clinical rotations really draw me to their school. Western and DMU are good schools as well. You can't really lose.

No, I got into MSU, which has been my top choice for a long time. I wish i could go to both though! How about you? Or are you going to AZCOM>

It's all a matter of what you are looking for. They are all great schools, I would probably personally choose DMU, but Western has got the location nailed down and I've only heard great things about CCOM ... so, it's up to you!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I think all three are pretty good schools. Some people like to put things down or become over zealous about DO profession after having been rejected by the same organization/school they were initially trying to gain acceptances into.....MD schools....then schools like DMU or CCOM. I'm still not certain why there is negative vibe in some responses to my question.

If you choose CCOM or DMU you are going to freeze to death. Is western in Cali? That might be your best bet.

speeter,
Yeah, that's in the back of my mind. You are telling me this and you are from Michigan! I guess one never really gets to like that sort of cold weather.

For me, that's easy --> (see signature):D

The thing is, there's no right answer. It is going to come down to which one you like the best. Not which one someone else likes the best. Nobody being negative here is being serious.

Yes, they are all good schools. There are no "bad" medical schools in this country, because they are all held to the same standards by the government. If you are looking for a particular research opportunity, then it gets a little more complicated.

For me, that's easy --> (see signature):D

Hey sparhawksd,
Thanks for the reply. What were your reasons for choosing Western over other schools?

Well, I am originally from California...San Diego to be more specific...and I just wanted to go to a school that is near home and eventually get the opportunity to practice medicine in my home state!

personally from those choices Id pick CCOM.... Not b/c I'm accepted, but because of 29 hospitals you can rotate at. Now there's some choice!