Yet another coding question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JKinSC

Wir ernten was wir säen
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m looking over an offer for a contracting position which entails a comprehensive eval, coupled with 60-90 minutes of record review. What do y’all use for records review? I’m looking at a 90791, with possibly a 99358-99359. Can I bill those together, or is there something else, maybe more psych specific?

Members don't see this ad.

I’m looking over an offer for a contracting position which entails a comprehensive eval, coupled with 60-90 minutes of record review. What do y’all use for records review? I’m looking at a 90791, with possibly a 99358-99359. Can I bill those together, or is there something else, maybe more psych specific?
If the record review is same-day as the visit, you could include it in a time based E/M eval. So 99205 + 99417 for every 15 minutes after 75 minutes.

Reactions: 1 users
I would use the prolonged service code as above in addition to billing a level 5 visit. I assume a "comprehensive eval" would meet the requirements for a level 5 visit based on time, and the remaining time could be billed with a 99417.

Reactions: 1 user