longhorn

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2002
Texas
-
Status
For the first two short answer questions about community service and personal impact, is it ok to use the same experience. It makes sense that your most significant volunteer experience would also be the one which impacted you the most. Make sense or no?

J

jot

makes sense - but it could be an occasion to show your breadth of experience -- your logic seems reasonable though. hah it took me three days, but i finally thought of an ethical dilemma i had, then a whole bunch of others came to mind - talk about writers block.

dlc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 8, 1999
Durham, NC
Visit site
Status
Well, by most important, I think they want the ones where you were involved for a while, not just one day. Do you have a lot of community experience? For example, I had done things that were only for a day but I didn't list those because they weren't the most important. I listed 3 activities (hospital volunteer, Alternative Spring Break, Big Brothers Big Sisters) then talked about being a Big Sister for the second question. But if you only have one significant experience, then just talk about that. I mean, what else are you going to do, make things up?

About the Ads
OP
L

longhorn

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2002
Texas
-
Status
Well i have two volunteer experiences (not counting all the other little things). One which I am most proud of I have been doing extensively for 4 years, has taken me to another country, and I have even started a campus club and tried to spread the world about it to other kids. SO that is by far my most significant. It also happens to be one which has impacted me the most(go figure). As long as it won't hurt me to list it for both questions I am fine. I just dont want to come across as boring them with repeating the same experience over again. plus the experience is in my personal essay.

dr kevin40

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2002
cali
ghetto you
Status
wooooooooo whooooooooooooop

duke's secondary sucks. y they make it sooooooo long? and they only give us 2 weeks? wtf

looney

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2002
Visit site
Status
the subject line probably sums it all up. I've been racking my brain for the past couple of days trying to think of a moral or ethical problem I've confronted...but I just can't think of anything that isn't trite!

bludeviled

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2002
Visit site
Status
quick question?
the two longer essays - is it 5000 c for them both or 5000 c for each one of them?
thanks a bunch :)

About the Ads