Yikes! I have my practical at 2:25

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Eyegirl2k7

Bridget Jones here
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh my gosh I am freaking out so much. I have my practical at 2:25 pm. It's 1:10. I am so so scared. It is on keratometry, retinoscopy, manifest, and binocular balance. God help me if I forget my spherical equivalent during manifest or if I can't correctly scope my ret axis!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH 😱 😱 😱 😱 😱
 
Eyegirl2k7 said:
Oh my gosh I am freaking out so much. I have my practical at 2:25 pm. It's 1:10. I am so so scared. It is on keratometry, retinoscopy, manifest, and binocular balance. God help me if I forget my spherical equivalent during manifest or if I can't correctly scope my ret axis!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH 😱 😱 😱 😱 😱
How did it go??? 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pretty well except I DROPPED MY SPHERICAL EQUIVALENT!!!!! ARRRGH. I need to write that on my forehead. Plus the patients were wearing glasses that weren't their prescriptions!!!!! I know a lot of people that didn't even come close to finishing so I guess I can count my blessings. It was a rough practical.
The best part is that it's over and I'm going out drinking in lincoln park tonite. Even though I have a histo test on thursday, I don't care right now.

Thanks for the support.
Eyegirl

😛
 
What are practicals? Being tested for performing eye exams on patients? Just curious..thanks!
 
Wow. I got my practical grade back today and I tanked it. I think I might actually be in danger of failing the class (a compeltely new idea for me). I just emailed the professor with one of those frantic, can you let me know the grade i have going into the final emails. I am scared ****less. I have to do mandatory remediation (yikes) for my clinic skills in the fall. The thing was, I am good at clinic stuff--just not in a practical setting with the instructor staring at me. The night before I was doing a flawless job with it.

All I want is for the crushing defeats of this term, both personal and academic, to end. One more week, thank god. 😡
ARRGH.
Eyegirl.