Yikes! I have my practical at 2:25

Discussion in 'Optometry' started by Eyegirl2k7, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Eyegirl2k7

Eyegirl2k7 Bridget Jones here
    7+ Year Member

Oh my gosh I am freaking out so much. I have my practical at 2:25 pm. It's 1:10. I am so so scared. It is on keratometry, retinoscopy, manifest, and binocular balance. God help me if I forget my spherical equivalent during manifest or if I can't correctly scope my ret axis!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. r_salis

r_salis SDN Supa-Mod Emmetrope
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Optometrist
    How did it go??? :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. my1molar

my1molar Member
    5+ Year Member

haha!!

I think we can all relate to test anxiety :laugh:

4. cpw

cpw It's a boy !!!

Optometrist
    it'll be okay.. just take a deep breath, girl :D

We've ALL been there... ;)

5. Eyegirl2k7

7+ Year Member

Pretty well except I DROPPED MY SPHERICAL EQUIVALENT!!!!! ARRRGH. I need to write that on my forehead. Plus the patients were wearing glasses that weren't their prescriptions!!!!! I know a lot of people that didn't even come close to finishing so I guess I can count my blessings. It was a rough practical.
    The best part is that it's over and I'm going out drinking in lincoln park tonite. Even though I have a histo test on thursday, I don't care right now.

Thanks for the support.
    Eyegirl

:p

6. r_salis

Optometrist
    I had my practical yesterday morning -- I'm so glad it's over!!! :clap:

7. UT-Frank

UT-Frank Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

What are practicals? Being tested for performing eye exams on patients? Just curious..thanks!

8. r_salis

Optometrist
    Exactly! We get tested on other classmates as our "patients". This last one was an hour and 15 minutes. :eek:

9. Eyegirl2k7

7+ Year Member

Wow. I got my practical grade back today and I tanked it. I think I might actually be in danger of failing the class (a compeltely new idea for me). I just emailed the professor with one of those frantic, can you let me know the grade i have going into the final emails. I am scared ****less. I have to do mandatory remediation (yikes) for my clinic skills in the fall. The thing was, I am good at clinic stuff--just not in a practical setting with the instructor staring at me. The night before I was doing a flawless job with it.

All I want is for the crushing defeats of this term, both personal and academic, to end. One more week, thank god. :mad:
    ARRGH.
    Eyegirl.