You always Help,I need your thoughts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kindbrain

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, all respectful members.I have really been following this amazing forum since 2012 and every time you prove that you never let anybody down..I know my post little bit long, sorry for that but I wanna display my situation clearly.Right now, I am passing through so so hard and tough situation and hope you could give me some thoughts to pass this critical moment that filled with losing and depression feelings.:rolleyes:

I graduated in 2005 from a veterinary medicine college (AVMA unaccredited but listed) then got my post graduate degree in clinical laboratory diagnosis(for one year, unaccredited too )in 2008.worked in Animal research institute for 5 years especially in Laboratory departments and applied for Master degree in Veterinary Microbiology and finished its all required courses in 2014(have not finished the thesis part).I am not licensed to work in the USA and could not afford it right now

I moved recently to greater Seattle area, WA, I have a work authorization, and for consecutive Six months, I could not get even one work interview. I applied for most of research and biotech entities around with No response, but the ugly email to tell me that I am not selected :)

I really spent 90% of my investment in last 6 months and could not go back to my country for political issues. I worked in Epidemiology, Biotechnology, biosecurity, Microbiology, and public health plus to pharmaceutical Marketing.

I am asking about your thoughts,
what should I do ? is it a good idea to apply for a residency program that has no requirement of state license like pathology residency program, I am almost 35 years old?.I am really confused and depressed and asking for any leads.

I swear I need read guidances and advice from Veterinary gurus in the state.
thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Do you want to do a residency? If yes, then you aren't too old, but you're still going to need to decide if you want licensure here or not.