You Are Complete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drmota

2K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
did schools inform you through e-mails or snail mail or both? i'm applying to 30 schools, approximately how many of those will confirm through snail?
-mota

Members don't see this ad.

Most of mine confirmed through email. Very few through snail. I would say probably 5-8 will be through snailmail, but who the hell knows.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mini me, you complete me!

sorry, I couldn't help myself. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw this title. :D

PineappleGirl said:
Mini me, you complete me!

sorry, I couldn't help myself. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw this title. :D

haha. thanks guys. i figured i would have to actively figure out whether i was complete or not.
-mota

Mine have been mostly either e-mail or having to check the status page myself. I believe that Tufts is snail mail.

did you seriously start a thread to ask this? i'm sorry but its just so blatantly obvious that each applicant should verify his or her own application completion by application status check or by calling. Just about every school claims this.

firebird69guy said:
did you seriously start a thread to ask this? i'm sorry but its just so blatantly obvious that each applicant should verify his or her own application completion by application status check or by calling. Just about every school claims this.

firebird69guy, love the avatar.

firebird69guy said:

lol, feel better now?
-mota

DaMota said:
did schools inform you through e-mails or snail mail or both? i'm applying to 30 schools, approximately how many of those will confirm through snail?
-mota
I just got Complete Notice from DownState by snailmail. I check my mail everyday for med-school letters. When I saw the envelope with the words Down State. I started palpitating. :scared: ( I tought schools send rejections by snail mail). I opened the letter while slowly revealing the words. "Dear applicant,.....blah blah blah" ......At this point I was sure the next words would be :eek: " Thank you for applying...Unfotunately......blah blah=rejection.

Thankfully it was just a notice that they have my complete app. and that it will take them forever to review it. :D

The absolute most frustrating part of this process is knowning whether you are "complete" at a school. I'm complete at 10, waiting on another 15, and it just takes FOREVER. Websites don't work, they claim your LOR's are not in, it's just a pain in the asss.