Termwean

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Status
  1. Attending Physician
Hey everyone with a military background. I have concrete proof that being in or having a military background is GOOD for your application. Today I got accepted to my #1 choice(LSU-New Orleans). I got a low MCAT score(24) but my experience made up for it I imagine.My GPA is a 3.75 overall.

STICK TO IT...you can do it too!

qqq

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2005
Status
Termwean said:
Hey everyone with a military background. I have concrete proof that being in or having a military background is GOOD for your application. Today I got accepted to my #1 choice(LSU-New Orleans). I got a low MCAT score(24) but my experience made up for it I imagine.My GPA is a 3.75 overall.

STICK TO IT...you can do it too!

how long were you in for? did you have a CONUS/9-5 military experience or were you kicking down doors in fallujah?

Termwean

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Status
  1. Attending Physician
In 10 yrs total( 7 navy as corpsman, w/ marines Desert Shield/STorm, and respiratory therapist including deployment w/ surg team for Bosnia in 95'-96') 3 yrs Louisiana Army National guard deployed to Kandahar,Afghanistan post 9/11.....got out in Apr to concentrate on applying( didn't want anyone to have a strings over my head that would mess up applying because I already missed a year os school by going to Afghaniland.)

My three interviewers were impressed w/ military/medical background and deployments.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads