You guys have it all wrong

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Actinomycin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Learn more about the future of pharmacy from the Dean of a newly proposed school of pharmacy -

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Yelp review on this school looks legit lmao.

In summary, pharmacy is going to expand even more; health providers are always in demand, with the california bill pharmacists are technically going to be given the health provider status, sky is the limit for pharmacy and salaries will skyrocket.
:)Enjoy......

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahh, CA has 14 pharmacy schools now, when will UC Irvine be the 15th?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
These deans know more about the future of pharmacy than a crystal ball!

In summary, pharmacy is going to expand even more; health providers are always in demand, with the california bill pharmacists are technically going to be given the health provider status, sky is the limit for pharmacy and salaries will skyrocket.
:)Enjoy......
Pharmacy is going to expand for businessmen, drug companies, retail chains and tech companies but not for pharmacists.

So I guess it’s fair for deans to keep saying that “the profession of pharmacy is expanding.”

I heard from him that pharmacists will soon make $1 million a year. That we are going from 6 digit to 7!

Probably one of the most knowledgeable deans I’ve seen.

• Haha
I heard from him that pharmacists will soon make $1 million a year. That we are going from 6 digit to 7!
Probably one of the most knowledgeable deans I’ve seen.

I don't see a pharmacist becoming CEO of CVS or Walgreens anytime soon, and that is the only way I see a pharmacist making a $1,000,000. Then again, I guess there was that independent pharmacist owner here who was making millions, but since he's been arrested, his example is probably not a good one to follow.

I don't see a pharmacist becoming CEO of CVS or Walgreens anytime soon, and that is the only way I see a pharmacist making a $1,000,000. Then again, I guess there was that independent pharmacist owner here who was making millions, but since he's been arrested, his example is probably not a good one to follow.
Isn't the current CEO of CVS a pharmacist?

Reactions: 3 users
Pharmacy is going to expand for businessmen, drug companies, retail chains and tech companies but not for pharmacists.

So I guess it’s fair for deans to keep saying that “the profession of pharmacy is expanding.”

You forgot pharmacy school deans and professors.

Members don't see this ad :)
If more pharmacy schools open up, then they can employ more pharmacysts to teach in their school. Ergo more job openings and all cysts have a place to work. Therefore job bubble will not explode as long as we keep on opening schools. :pompous:

If more pharmacy schools open up, then they can employ more pharmacysts to teach in their school. Ergo more job openings and all cysts have a place to work. Therefore job bubble will not explode as long as we keep on opening schools. :pompous:

How many full time faculty positions for pharmacist professors do you think are in new schools? How many new grads enter the market every year from each school on average? Hmmmm..............

Sounds like being a pharmacyst is where it's at.

Reactions: 1 users

Haha your a crazy Puto

LoL, open a pharmacy school with class size of 100, faculty size 10? The more schools you open, the more jobs! LoL.

LoL, open a pharmacy school with class size of 100, faculty size 10? The more schools you open, the more jobs! LoL.

It’s a pyramid scheme. You just have to avoid being the one to hold the bag of $200k+ in loans and no job when pharmacy schools stop opening.

Reactions: 2 users
It’s a pyramid scheme. You just have to avoid being the one to hold the bag of $200k+ in loans and no job when pharmacy schools stop opening.
You have to take into account that when you open a pharmacy school you won’t graduate your first class for 4 years so those 100 students in the first class will be delayed in looking for jobs until then. It’s like living on borrowed money and continually borrowing more money from different sources to pay back the loan that is closest to debt collection time. When that second and third loan is expiring then you borrow more money from a fourth fifth and sixth loan shark to pay off that loan. Vicious cycle and the only way to get out of your current situation is to borrow even more loans.

He really studied every single cliche imaginable that has been used by professors to sell a school and a profession that doesn’t exist. I don’t know how he can say these things with a straight face.

Embarrassing for the profession.

I see wages dropping to 40 dollars an hour when his small brained students graduate