Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

you never know about interviews

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by choker, Oct 26, 2001.

  1. choker

    choker Senior Member

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2001
    Messages:
    740
    Likes Received:
    3
    alright, check this out. after my interview with cornell, i was convinced i had rocked it. i had two amazing conversations and the interviewers seemed very very receptive. very casual, very cool, very optimistic.

    -then i dont get in EDP

    -i find out from my advisor that their dean said that my interviews were what kept me out. both interviewers supposedly said that i had "trouble starting a conversation." !?!?!?!??!?!?!
    -now, keep in mind that i had my interview the day after the WTC fell and i was a little distracted from talking about myself, not to mention the fact that i am from and was interviewing in NYC.

    wtf?

    ridiculous.
    they told her that if i were to get in, it would be off a waitlist.

    cornell can kiss my bad conversation a$$.

    -just goes to show, you never know with interviews. it seems that they cant make you, but they can sure as hell break you.

    -choker
     
  2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

  3. none

    none 1K Member

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2001
    Messages:
    1,903
    Likes Received:
    5
    You were still waitlisted, at CORNELL! I think we all get a little jaded on these boards. That's not bad at all. Geeze.
     
  4. rxfudd

    rxfudd 1K Member

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2001
    Messages:
    1,343
    Likes Received:
    4
    Status:
    Attending Physician
    choker, if they're going to reject you for a reason like that, you don't want them anyway. Don't let it get to you too much...if you have other interviews lined up, focus on those. Sorry to hear about the rejection - seriously, though, that's a pretty lame reason (especially if you felt like you did fine).
     
  5. lilninja

    lilninja Senior Member

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2001
    Messages:
    140
    Likes Received:
    2
    You're still in a great position to go - maybe you can send additional info about yourself - papers, etc. - especially if it is your first choice. If not, then.. let it be I suppose... I don't think you should be angry about it, especially if both interviewers thought the same thing. Maybe you were doing such a good job answering questions, you forgot to initiate any additional conversation they might have been looking for. Most people I know who have interviewed have felt like they were good experiences, but it's still only one perspective. You can't "expect" to get in, since only a small percentage (40%?) of people interviewed are accepted anyway, and I doubt that the remaining 60% of the people who interviewed felt they didn't do well. This whole process is full of surprises, I'm sorry you felt misled. But you seem awfully angry for something that is relatively random - who knows, maybe you'll have a bad interview next, and get in! (Besides, I think you will get in off the waitlist at Cornell). Good luck, I'm sure you'll do fine.
     

Share This Page