Youngstown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ptapplicant15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else get that email from youngstown? So that means we're all still being considered? Any idea how many people got the email?

Members don't see this ad.

I did. I also received an email about a week or two ago that said I met the minimum requirements and was considered eligible to receive an offer of acceptance. I am assuming that everyone who met the minimum GPA and prerequisite requirements also received the email.

Yeah I got that a while back, I just got this:
The Youngstown State University Admissions Committee will be extending offers to qualified applicants to join the YSU DPT Class of 2019 beginning Tuesday 12/08/2015. Applicants receiving an offer will have two weeks to:

1. Return their (1) acceptance confirmation form, (2) essential functions form, (3) background notification form, and (4) $500.00 non-refundable deposit,

Or

1. Send an email to decline the offer.

If the confirmation and deposit are not received in the two-week period we will assume the applicant is not accepting our offer.

If you do not receive an offer, you will be placed on a waitlist. As offered applicants decline, we will proceed through our ranking of applicants to the next applicant and make them an offer. Each offered applicant will have the two week window to accept or decline the offer. This process could be as short as one month or as long as four months until we have 30 accepted offers and deposits. During this protracted process, you will not receive any additional communication about the process from YSU. Please remember that the $500 deposit returns to you as a credit on your fall semester 2016 tuition bill. The $500 deposit is non-refundable for students accepting an offer and then withdrawing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh never mind, I just understood what you said. Sorry! Yeah, hopefully we hear back positively!!

I wonder if they're sending out all of the acceptances today, or just a few. Any idea? Because the email says "extending offers beginning 12/8".

I wonder if they're sending out all of the acceptances today, or just a few. Any idea? Because the email says "extending offers beginning 12/8".
I took that to mean they will send out acceptance emails to 30 or however many spots they have available. And then throughout the next few months as people decline their acceptence, they will send more invites out.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't received anything either.

I know a few people who got in, but are declining because they already have acceptances. But are strong applicants

Any ballpark idea of what their stats are? Anyone know how many people they usually accept off the waitlist?

Any ballpark idea of what their stats are? Anyone know how many people they usually accept off the waitlist?
One has 3.96 GPA and like 309 GRE other has significantly lower GPA, like 3.7 with 315 GRE. I've herd they send between 60-70 acceptances doe the 30 spots, so no need to worry yet

Declining YSU, incase any of you are still waiting for a spot!