Your cars

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i'm not sure you are qualified to speak about reasonable, as you are a medical student driving a 335i = a 45k car with a MINUS 50k salary.

if only in 5 years people became full partners...in most metro markets real partnerships have disappeared. junior practice members will be skimmed off until further notice.

i also said - projected future income. 14 years ago anesthesia grads couldn't get jobs and if they did were making LOW hundreds. i don't think we will get to that extreme soon, but salaries in anesthesia and pain have decreased (unless you're a super-partner robbing the junior attendings).

I definitely don't have your experience, i just think i've been around a lot of anes. docs and my dad's practice growing up, so thats where i was coming from.

yes, it's a 50k car, but i also took 2 years off from school and traded full time after college...that's where i got money for my car, not the rents. I still trade sporadically for rent and spending cash, and my parents help out with my tuition, which is definitely not 50k / year. ( although i know at many schools it is. ) hopefully that gives me some limited credibility.

i know exactly what you're talking about with that past anesthesia crunch, my dad came out of residency in the 90's and said his highest offer at the time within chicago was ~ 105 k / year with crazy hours - barely more than what he was getting with moonlighting at stroeger . - hence the move to rural indiana.

I think you're spot on with the metro markets. the trend is definitely downwards of where it was in the early 2000's , but i still think an established anesthesiologist shouldn't be making less than 300's..our attendings at stroeger rake in around that much and don't work crazy hours from what i've seen.. Then again, my viewpoint on any of this doesnt really make a difference.

its all still a long ways off for me, worst case, i'll go practice in the boonies.

Members don't see this ad.

Well I've been holding off from posting my rides here for a few reasons. First reason is b/c I've posted them here b/4 and secondly, I didn't want to give the wrong impression whatever that may be. I don't think my rides are extravagant but they are not terribly subtle either. I don't have many expenses and most importantly to me, I don't have kids to support and educate. So here they are, again:

First is the wife Range Rover Sport Supercharged:
IMG_2694.jpg

Next is my Land Rover D90:
LandRoverRally2008294.jpg

And then my Tundra which is supercharged as well:
1249872473.jpg

IMG_5097.jpg

Enjoy:D

That's a great looking car Noyac, very well done. I've always been a fan of supercharging big body cars/suvs/trucks so hopefully in the next 10 or so years I'll be able to emulate what you have haha

Members don't see this ad :)
well i've been holding off from posting my rides here for a few reasons. First reason is b/c i've posted them here b/4 and secondly, i didn't want to give the wrong impression whatever that may be. I don't think my rides are extravagant but they are not terribly subtle either. I don't have many expenses and most importantly to me, i don't have kids to support and educate. So here they are, again:

First is the wife range rover sport supercharged:
img_2694.jpg

next is my land rover d90:
landroverrally2008294.jpg

and then my tundra which is supercharged as well:
1249872473.jpg

img_5097.jpg

enjoy:hungover:
awesome!!!!

Niiiiice.
Estimated total cost: 190k.
Am I close?
High roller.

Honestly its more like 125K.

If you know the numbers b/4 entering the dealership and are willing to walk away you can do pretty well for yourself.

If i had paid full sticker price on these it would have been around 150K. But who pays full sticker price?

My favorite is that old school Land Rover.

Me too. They stopped making them in 1997 but you can still find them for sale in really good condition. I've been sporadically looking for one for a few years.

Honestly its more like 125K.

If you know the numbers b/4 entering the dealership and are willing to walk away you can do pretty well for yourself.

If i had paid full sticker price on these it would have been around 150K. But who pays full sticker price?

Awesome rides Noyac. I love the D90, it's always been one of my favorites. Was that a pic from Moab? Now I see why you asked about my S/C, I couldn't imagine what an S/C'd Tundra or Range Rover feels like. If I had to guess, I'd say you live in Colorado or Utah. Maybe I'll see you on the trails or the slopes someday.

edit: I saw the CO plate. That's where I'd love to end up when I'm done.

//

Last edited:
Hey Noy,
Nice rigs. I like the skis on your garage too.

Have you gone to that Moab off-road rally that they hold in April? I did the white rim trail last April. It was cool to see the subculture in town. There were some amazing vehicles.

Well I've been holding off from posting my rides here for a few reasons. First reason is b/c I've posted them here b/4 and secondly, I didn't want to give the wrong impression whatever that may be. I don't think my rides are extravagant but they are not terribly subtle either. I don't have many expenses and most importantly to me, I don't have kids to support and educate. So here they are, again:

First is the wife Range Rover Sport Supercharged:
IMG_2694.jpg

Next is my Land Rover D90:
LandRoverRally2008294.jpg

And then my Tundra which is supercharged as well:
1249872473.jpg

IMG_5097.jpg

Enjoy:D

Hey Noy,
Nice rigs. I like the skis on your garage too.

Have you gone to that Moab off-road rally that they hold in April? I did the white rim trail last April. It was cool to see the subculture in town. There were some amazing vehicles.

You would notice the skis, Dre.:thumbup:
the pic of my D90 is during the Land Rover National Rally were I was trail leader. That pic is on Poison Spider trail. I haven't done the White Rim.

I haven't run poison spider yet. I want to do that next time I visit. How long is it?

I have a good friend who has gotten into motocross and such. You guys could ride white rim on bikes, I could run it. And we could fuel up with Macallan cask strength at night. What do you think?

Say hi to the group for me, if you get the chance. You guys should make White rim a "group retreat" and get a LT guy to do that weekend! :)

One month of OB down, one to go...

You would notice the skis, Dre.:thumbup:
the pic of my D90 is during the Land Rover National Rally were I was trail leader. That pic is on Poison Spider trail. I haven't done the White Rim.

I haven't run poison spider yet. I want to do that next time I visit. How long is it?

I have a good friend who has gotten into motocross and such. You guys could ride white rim on bikes, I could run it. And we could fuel up with Macallan cask strength at night. What do you think?

Say hi to the group for me, if you get the chance. You guys should make White rim a "group retreat" and get a LT guy to do that weekend! :)

One month of OB down, one to go...

That's a good idea. We could have the new guy cover the whole weekend while we did the Rim. :smuggrin:

Poison Spider is just a few hours in a 4X4 probably 2-3 hrs by moto.

BTW we are diligenty working on things here. Bare with us.

Oh and while your on OB, figure out that Remi PCA thingy so when you get here we can stop doing epidurals.

I'll personally pay for the LT so I can go to white rim too

I will look into the remi. I love placin epidurals but I don't like "babysitting them"

Thanks for continuing to work on "the situation."

That's a good idea. We could have the new guy cover the whole weekend while we did the Rim. :smuggrin:

Poison Spider is just a few hours in a 4X4 probably 2-3 hrs by moto.

BTW we are diligenty working on things here. Bare with us.

Oh and while your on OB, figure out that Remi PCA thingy so when you get here we can stop doing epidurals.