Your "dream" car

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VentdependenT

You didnt build thaT
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ferrari Daytona Spider cerca late 70's

show-postwarcar.php

I'll settle for a G35 2008 however

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, the 2008 G35 is my current dream car.

One of the many reasons why Vent is my hero.

In August I got a 2007 G35x AWD (need it for the snow). Fast, comfortable, and fun to drive. If I did not need the AWD, I would go for the 2008 coupe which is what I assume you guys are talking about.

Test drove the BMW 3 series - too small and outdated interior, and Audi A4 - too little car for the $. Hard to beat the Infiniti.

Members don't see this ad :)
In August I got a 2007 G35x AWD (need it for the snow). Fast, comfortable, and fun to drive. If I did not need the AWD, I would go for the 2008 coupe which is what I assume you guys are talking about.

Test drove the BMW 3 series - too small and outdated interior, and Audi A4 - too little car for the $. Hard to beat the Infiniti.

An M5 would be something really really nice to own 5 yrs down the road.

Shelby GT500KR... new or old, it doesn't really matter.

Hard to beat the Infiniti.

I'll give it a try.

http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Vehicles/RangeRover_Sport/Supercharged.htm

Be sure to get it SUPERCHARGED. I just drove back from Telluride last night in one of the biggest snow storms in this area for years. Not one vehicle passed me and my buddies were leading the way in their 4 Runner all decked out for snow. Half way home, we told them to go on. We wanted to stop for some beers. We caught them in snow so deep that the only tracks on the road were our own. Cars were all over the sides of the road and we just plowed right through without any trouble. This Range Rover really gets after it.

Noyac, that Rover is nice. Too much money for me though.

Should have done a fellowship.

Range Rover Supercharged
Maserati Quattroporte
Ferrari 348 spider
Ferrari 612 scaglietti
and....
Chevy z71 for everyday use

one can only dream..............

probably the Spyker C8 at the moment, either the Laviolette or Spyder

c8_laviolette_front_copy.jpg

I'm still a big fan of the classic 1990-1994 air-cooled factory model 964 Porsche Carerra 911 though. i think that was there best incarnation of the 911 from a strictly aesthetic perspective.

almost forgot.. you cannot go wrong with a classic, low-rider, drive-by ready 1964 Chevy Impala. Put in some hydraulics, hit the switches and you're the pimp.

799px-Chevrolet_Impala_1964_Lowrider.JPG

if i was an attending:

3368337699_233811687_IM1_05_565x421.jpg

3719160898_236249399_IM1_02_565x421.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
The VW Westie with included scenery

attachment.php

For 1.3 million you can get a Bugatti Veyron with 1000hp that goes 250mph. (Please go to youtube and type that in-- watch it smoke a Yamaha R1, and anything else that pulls up beside it.)

I was 1.26 million short, so I got a BMW 335. The back seats in the G35 are useless, and the beamer has 300 hp and 2 turbos.

For 1.3 million you can get a Bugatti Veyron with 1000hp that goes 250mph. (Please go to youtube and type that in-- watch it smoke a Yamaha R1, and anything else that pulls up beside it.)

I was 1.26 million short, so I got a BMW 335. The back seats in the G35 are useless, and the beamer has 300 hp and 2 turbos.

For around $30,000 you can get an Ariel Atom and go 0-60 in 2.9 seconds.

great top gear Atom youtube clip at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaWoo82zNUA

Have always been a HUGE fan of the 90s Supra twin turbo. Somehow a bulletproof engine got past the Toyota bean counters and this car will easily handle 700 hp on stock internals.

Always looked for a 'modern' version of this car. And only Nissan had the balls to do it.

The 2009 Nissan GT-R.
473 hp
434 lb-ft torque

0-60 in 3.3 seconds. Sends the Porsche 911 Turbo Tiptronic, Viper, and Z06 to the back of the pack.

What's really sweet is that for only 70K, according to Edmunds, you get "the most crushing acceleration of virtually any production care in the world".

Sign me up.

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcontainers/do/vdp/articleId=124017/pageNumber=1

4 wheels and a metal cage around you just doesn't do it for me...

for just a mere 72,000 usd I would like to have this 200 HP monster

ducati_desmosedici_rr_24_01.jpg

Was never really a car guy, liked Land Rover and had a 00' Discovery it was sweet but cost too much to maintain. My brother recently got a "classic" Ferrari (see ventys post) and after driving that I am hooked - am counting the days until I can get mine...

Mario

1969 Mustang, BOSS 429 or 428CJ. I'd happily "settle" for my dad's '69 Grande that came with a 390 from the factory.

1969Boss429Green.jpg

Made by AEV, you can buy the conversion and do it yourself since they don't make scramblers anymore.

DSC_2294_d.jpg

I dunno why, I've always had a thing for Vipers. A lot of other cars out there kick more ass, but since I was a teenager, I've wanted one of these things.

dodge_viper_svs_power.jpg