Your first Clinical Experience!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cool_vkb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey can all Pod students describe their first day at Clinicals. iam sure you must have remembered that day. because thats the day you are exposed to the real deal:) . Please say how you felt and what case did you saw.

And as some Nursing students say after delivering a baby during clinicals, "i feel so proud of myself today, i delivered a baby, i gave a new life".

So did you also felt you have releived some one of pain & distress on the first day of clinical and went home and narrated the entire episode to your GF or Mom or BF, or buddy,etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, I think my first clinical day, I cut some diabetic toenails and diagnosed plantar fascitis. Not exactly the most glorious "first day of clinic" story you've ever heard I'm sure :laugh:

On the other hand, over the past few years, I've seen some pretty cool stuff. As I recall, Ilizarob has a good story about his first day. Maybe he'll share it.