Your interviews during school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jcr_massage

BodyworkSweety
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering since I see all of you talking about your interviews all the time, how do you handle your interviews while you are attending school at the same time. I will be applying over the summer, not this summer but next summer and I was wondering how you handle interviews when they are after fall classes start etc. I cannot imagine missing genetics, or bioochem which is where I will be at that point to go to interviews and still being able to pull off good grades. I am not someone who can miss class and still get an A without extensive cooperation from my professor.

Do you let you professors know when you have an interview as to why you will be missing class and are they helpful, or do you just miss it and hop you can catch up? etc.... What if you miss a test, most of my professors are not very lenient on missing tests unless you are in teh hospital or something of that nature.

Thanks for answering all my incessant questions,

Blessings
Bodyworksweety

Members don't see this ad.

My professors say go ahead! They could care less that I miss their class. They are very supportive.

jcr_massage said:
I was just wondering since I see all of you talking about your interviews all the time, how do you handle your interviews while you are attending school at the same time. I will be applying over the summer, not this summer but next summer and I was wondering how you handle interviews when they are after fall classes start etc. I cannot imagine missing genetics, or bioochem which is where I will be at that point to go to interviews and still being able to pull off good grades. I am not someone who can miss class and still get an A without extensive cooperation from my professor.

Do you let you professors know when you have an interview as to why you will be missing class and are they helpful, or do you just miss it and hop you can catch up? etc.... What if you miss a test, most of my professors are not very lenient on missing tests unless you are in teh hospital or something of that nature.

Blessings
Bodyworksweety

Unless you have an exam, just get the makeup work from a classmate. Obviously if there is an exam or assignment, you'll need to notify the professor.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most of the medical schools give you a few dates to choose from for the interview. Let's say the soonest date happens to be one in which you have a test, you can easily choose the next interview date. For my first interview, I chose to miss my Biochem and Molec classes....ended up working out very well :thumbup: Also, a lot of professors who teach science courses are expecting many of their students to miss class at least once for an interview, so for the most part, I say no worries. You can talk to them and set something up about catching up on notes and what not.

I rescheduled a lab for one interview and an exam for another. Just be sure you give them as much notice as possible. Some profs may have a policy of no makeups and will not count the grade against you(if you have a legit reason like an interview) so hopefuly you don't need the exam to bring your grade up. Don't slack.

Personally life is much easier after being done with orgo, bio, physics, and general chem.

If you get accepted during that app cycle..you wont need the A in those classes ;)

i just skipped fridays..because my friday schedule was pretty light...plus the med schools give you the opportunity to schedule it..so i'd imagine you can schedule accordingly so it doesnt conflict with test days..

jcr_massage said:

Blessings
Bodyworksweety

most professors know that this is the most important thing in your life. Also, if you are like me and are left with only CORE classes, who is going to say 'no'? :)