Your Ob/Gyn Rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shigellosis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
4th year med student here trying to find out the truth from people who tell the truth--medical students.

If you had a rotation where the residents worked as a team, the attendings were actually good teachers, and where attendings and residents did not back-bite like middle-schoolers, and where--dare I say--residents were overworked but happy, I would love to know what hospital you rotated at. Feel free to PM me for anonymity. Interested in your perception of the work environment, not whether or not you loved Ob/Gyn.
Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Most ob-gyn programs are by definition catty just by reputation. As a resident in an unrelated field that gets to work with all services (a nice benefit of EM), the ob-gyn program at SUNY Stony Brook is the very opposite of malignant. The residents are among the happiest in the hospital.

Jacobi/Montefiore/Weiler also had pleasant residents and attendings to work with back when I was a med student. Not the happiest ever considering the workload, but not catty at all. Another place I'd recommend if you were interested in training.