Your opinion on what I should do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chadleez1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here goes: I'm going to a CC right now, working on my AA and getting a lot of my pre-med reqs out of the way. I know some of you have differing opinons on CC's and all, but I will transfer to a four year school and get my psychology degree, as well as finish any classes for med school. Here at the cc, I will take a year of biology, a year of chemistry and a year of physics, as well as math up to calc 1. When I transfer I'll take orgo. What would you all recommend I take that junior year, along with orgo, for the mcat?

Members don't see this ad.

Any upper level bio, but make sure you do as well, or better in it than you did in your CC courses. That'll show the adcom you can take the academics. Apart from that, almost any upper level bio would be good, but esp. genetics, i hear. --Trek

I agree with Trek that you have to do really well in the four year college to validate your grades from CC. Genetics is an absolute as it is a foundation for many advanced bio courses. I also recommend biochem. Good luck with everything! :) :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree, Genetics, Biochem, and maybe even Microbiology will help on the MCATS.

take physiology, biochem, genetics, microbiology, and some type of metabolism class. and do good at that University!!!!!!!! get to know the faculty and get letters of rec from the university faculty. and do decent on the MCAT with EC...get involved in the campus and community. bye!