your opinion please..

Brightereyez

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I'm using the KAPLAN study guides, flash cards, etc to study for the OAT (not actually taking the course though), but i need another source for additional questions, preferably timed. I hear alot about various study questions i.e. destroyer, toscore, acheiver but can't decide which one is better. If anyone has used one and found it helpful and/or similar to the actual exam, i would really appreciate you inputs.
P.S I know there's a number of posts in regards to various study materials, but i didn't find a good answer by searching;
Thank you:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I used OAT Achiever myself before while taking a Kaplan course and I found that the tests from Achiever were quite a bit harder than the actual test and the Kaplan practice tests. Although Achiever had OK explanations for each question, I still found it to be too challenging/discouraging for me.

I tutored a couple of pre-optos taking the OATs last year and one of them used Topscore. From what I remember, Topscore had a more reasonable level of difficulty than Achiever did but I didn't think that it provided enough detailed explanations in its solutions.

I used the Achiever and its harder than the actual exam. Also its a great way to practice using the computer! I would suggest it because it has detailed explanations and top score doesnt.