Forum Members Your opinion wanted about radiation oncology moderation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How do you feel about the level of moderation on the radiation oncology forum?

• Not enough moderation

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Appropriate moderation (or close to it)

Votes: 77 85.6%
  • Too much moderation

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Neuronix

Total nerd
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello valuable forum members and lurkers,

It has been brought to my attention that some posters on this site feel ridiculed and prevented from speaking up and engaging in an open dialogue. Apparently "many" are reaching out about this outside of SDN. I want to be clear that open dialogue about radiation oncology is encouraged on this forum.

I would like to get your opinion on the degree and quality of moderation on this forum. Your vote on this poll is anonymous. The poll does not record who voted for what. You are also welcome to contact me either by private message or e-mail [email protected]. You have my guarantee of no retribution.

As always, for any posts you think are over the line, use the report button. You are welcome to follow up with me if you feel that the moderator team has not acted appropriately. All reported posts are reviewed both by @evilbooyaa, other SDN staff, and myself for a diversity of opinions.

Additionally, do you feel that you or someone else has been a victim of "cyber bullying" from the SDN radiation oncology forum and action was not taken by SDN? Please let me know.

This thread is open for discussion, but will be tightly moderated to stay on this important topic.

All the best,
Neuronix

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Many, many, many times over the years I've seen @Neuronix, @evilbooyaa, and several non-RadOnc SDN administrators monitor and moderate this forum with professionalism.

Since they are volunteers, sometimes it can take a few hours, maybe even a day or so if something is problematic on a weekend/holiday. But invariably, personal attacks (ad hominem) or overtly off-topic (political) posts/threads are deleted. Users are warned and put on probation. Repeat offenders are permanently banned. When posts go "off topic" in a thread, I've watched @evilbooyaa painstakingly edit them out into their own separate thread(s) rather than leaving them in ("derailing") or outright deleting the posts. Even now, 20 years and 3 accounts after I first started using SDN - when I see @evilbooyaa do that, I internally shudder at the level of effort it must take.

When posts are reported using the "Report" button, the internal SDN team quickly arrive and take appropriate action.

After spending decades in the Ivory Tower of medicine and specifically Radiation Oncology, I understand what is prompting this poll. Because of its small size and formerly "elite" status, the social hierarchy within RadOnc is brutal. I have personally had my career threatened in real life (unrelated to SDN) for hilariously small issues (once, a prominent faculty member didn't agree with one of the multiple possible resident schedules I had drafted when I was Chief, and casually slipped into a meeting that I should "never" bring up that option again because "all it takes is one phone call during [your] job search..."). It was not a joke, it was a genuine threat and also not the only one from that person.

I have years and years of stories of that nature. Most, if not all, Radiation Oncologists have similar stories...and worse. Some of us have much worse.

This is precisely why there is the level of activity on the SDN RadOnc forums that we see today. It is truly the only forum that is freely available to everyone, where issues can be discussed without fear of "revenge" through the use of anonymous accounts.

Is it perfect? No. Of course not. Nothing is.

But it's a powerful example of the importance of free speech. It removes the power asymmetry between a Chair and a PGY2.

Which is why it's considered so "problematic" by the individuals holding traditional roles of "power".

Without titles, brass rings, dense CVs, institutional reputation, etc - if you have an idea or opinion, it must be defended on merit here.

Given the active moderation on this forum, if an individual feels "ridiculed" or "prevented from engaging in open dialogue" - it is the result of weakness in their ideas and arguments, NOT moral failings of their character, or the "unprofessionalism" of the other posters.

We forget that our identity and our self-worth is not the same as our ideas and opinions. Disagreement is not a personal attack.

“Hate the sin and not the sinner is a precept which, though easy to understand, is rarely practiced, and that is why the poison of hatred spreads in the world.”

• Love
Reactions: 22 users
I voted that you guys are fine. I think overall you are doing fine. Troll posters are quickly deleted along with outright personal attacks. There has been times when i have felt perhaps it was “overmoderated” like when @medgator got a ban for weeks while posters who consistently post political stuff were allowed to continue to post that in that absolute dumpster fire thread “dare you to reply”. some posters are more mordant than others. The discussions here would not take place anywhere else. I read twitter sometimes and i gag at the constant self congratulatory circle jerk and brown nosing of the same people on there, “rockstars”. I am glad that does not happen here which is why i keep coming back. There are absolutely people who would like the dialogue of the field’s issues to be shut down. if you post on here you have to have somewhat thick skin and you should not take disagreement too personal. Passion is fine but mutual respect is important to have open dialogue.

Personally i love anonymity. It is an absolute must in our small field. Too many petty people. Im sure a lot of us have had people complain to us at meetings about sdn ;) i have gotten quite good at playing along and acting surprised. Always keep your hand secret. The resistance is alive and well. The mask is an idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Mods, you guys rock! I’ve had my fair share of warnings and had a few posts modified and removed but you guys make sure to keep the guard rails up. I don’t speak as eloquently as others but I just want to say thank you for your service!

Reactions: 8 users
Many, many, many times over the years I've seen @Neuronix, @evilbooyaa, and several non-RadOnc SDN administrators monitor and moderate this forum with professionalism.

Since they are volunteers, sometimes it can take a few hours, maybe even a day or so if something is problematic on a weekend/holiday. But invariably, personal attacks (ad hominem) or overtly off-topic (political) posts/threads are deleted. Users are warned and put on probation. Repeat offenders are permanently banned. When posts go "off topic" in a thread, I've watched @evilbooyaa painstakingly edit them out into their own separate thread(s) rather than leaving them in ("derailing") or outright deleting the posts. Even now, 20 years and 3 accounts after I first started using SDN - when I see @evilbooyaa do that, I internally shudder at the level of effort it must take.

When posts are reported using the "Report" button, the internal SDN team quickly arrive and take appropriate action.

After spending decades in the Ivory Tower of medicine and specifically Radiation Oncology, I understand what is prompting this poll. Because of its small size and formerly "elite" status, the social hierarchy within RadOnc is brutal. I have personally had my career threatened in real life (unrelated to SDN) for hilariously small issues (once, a prominent faculty member didn't agree with one of the multiple possible resident schedules I had drafted when I was Chief, and casually slipped into a meeting that I should "never" bring up that option again because "all it takes is one phone call during [your] job search..."). It was not a joke, it was a genuine threat and also not the only one from that person.

I have years and years of stories of that nature. Most, if not all, Radiation Oncologists have similar stories...and worse. Some of us have much worse.

This is precisely why there is the level of activity on the SDN RadOnc forums that we see today. It is truly the only forum that is freely available to everyone, where issues can be discussed without fear of "revenge" through the use of anonymous accounts.

Is it perfect? No. Of course not. Nothing is.

But it's a powerful example of the importance of free speech. It removes the power asymmetry between a Chair and a PGY2.

Which is why it's considered so "problematic" by the individuals holding traditional roles of "power".

Without titles, brass rings, dense CVs, institutional reputation, etc - if you have an idea or opinion, it must be defended on merit here.

Given the active moderation on this forum, if an individual feels "ridiculed" or "prevented from engaging in open dialogue" - it is the result of weakness in their ideas and arguments, NOT moral failings of their character, or the "unprofessionalism" of the other posters.

We forget that our identity and our self-worth is not the same as our ideas and opinions. Disagreement is not a personal attack.

“Hate the sin and not the sinner is a precept which, though easy to understand, is rarely practiced, and that is why the poison of hatred spreads in the world.”
The only problem is with the anonymity on here is not being able to shoot the **** with ESE in person

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
The only problem is with the anonymity on here is not being able to shoot the **** with ESE in person
While a lot of people know who I am by now, I have an elaborate vision where I'm participating in a plenary session and just start citing my own SDN posts, fusing my identities in front of "the establishment".

We can all hang out then!!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
One day I’m going to come out the SDN closet in which my life cycle will finally be complete!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I think the moderation is very good.

Doxxing is bad and must be firmly dealt with when encountered. This is the ultimate weapon on an anonymous platform. The consequences of being doxxed may be benign for some and severe for others. But, in a field as small as ours, with opportunities as scarce as they are, it is impossible to determine for whom this is going to be a big deal.

SDN is going to skew anti-establishment. This is true of any anonymous platform. Anti-establishment views are by definition risky, and as ESE states above, the small size of radonc raises the stakes (notably) of any non-anonymous interaction with a person of some influence. Still, as a group, we should avoid calling people shills or plants when they espouse establishment views.

Some topics are going to raise passions. ROCR is certainly one, as is the initiative for remote mid-level support for small rural clinics. Both of these have had non-anonymous members promote the initiatives and they should be commended for their willingness to engage. These members undoubtedly know that choosing to be non-anonymous on a largely anonymous forum dramatically changes dynamics. It allows them to use SDN as a platform for promotion at a different level than an anonymous user, but also makes them vulnerable. This is a choice that a user must make, although I would personally have no problem with Keole or Johnson or Spratt having a second anonymous account to float ideas or discuss policy or science anonymously.

I still believe that there is no better testing ground for one's opinions, scientific ideas or work, or policy initiatives than an anonymous forum of (at least somewhat) qualified reviewers with skin in the game. If an anonymous member were to post excellent work regarding the superior value of radiation oncology care at PPS exempt cancer centers, it would be picked apart at SDN. But, the critiques would likely still be valuable and important to address when refining the work. I am not sure that there is another forum out there where such honest feedback is available.

More academics should take advantage of SDN. Mostly anonymously I would think.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
I think the moderation is very good.

Doxxing is bad and must be firmly dealt with when encountered. This is the ultimate weapon on an anonymous platform. The consequences of being doxxed may be benign for some and severe for others. But, in a field as small as ours, with opportunities as scarce as they are, it is impossible to determine for whom this is going to be a big deal.

SDN is going to skew anti-establishment. This is true of any anonymous platform. Anti-establishment views are by definition risky, and as ESE states above, the small size of radonc raises the stakes (notably) of any non-anonymous interaction with a person of some influence. Still, as a group, we should avoid calling people shills or plants when they espouse establishment views.

Some topics are going to raise passions. ROCR is certainly one, as is the initiative for remote mid-level support for small rural clinics. Both of these have had non-anonymous members promote the initiatives and they should be commended for their willingness to engage. These members undoubtedly know that choosing to be non-anonymous on a largely anonymous forum dramatically changes dynamics. It allows them to use SDN as a platform for promotion at a different level than an anonymous user, but also makes them vulnerable. This is a choice that a user must make, although I would personally have no problem with Keole or Johnson or Spratt having a second anonymous account to float ideas or discuss policy or science anonymously.

I still believe that there is no better testing ground for one's opinions, scientific ideas or work, or policy initiatives than an anonymous forum of (at least somewhat) qualified reviewers with skin in the game. If an anonymous member were to post excellent work regarding the superior value of radiation oncology care at PPS exempt cancer centers, it would be picked apart at SDN. But, the critiques would likely still be valuable and important to address when refining the work. I am not sure that there is another forum out there where such honest feedback is available.

More academics should take advantage of SDN. Mostly anonymously I would think.
No Doubt Yes GIF by The3Flamingos

It has been brought to my attention that some posters on this site feel ridiculed and prevented from speaking up and engaging in an open dialogue

This is rich - some may need to mosey on over to ASTROhub for censored discussions if they can't handle the heat here

But seriously, you guys do a great job in your own spare time and allow free discussion here that cannot happen anywhere else
Really appreciate the effort. I was a mod for about 5 minutes many years ago on another subforum and didn't realize the extra work entailed.

This is rich - some may need to mosey on over to ASTROhub for censored discussions if they can't handle the heat here

But seriously, you guys do a great job in your own spare time and allow free discussion here that cannot happen anywhere else
Really appreciate the effort. I was a mod for about 5 minutes many years ago on another subforum and didn't realize the extra work entailed.
I would argue ASTRO ROhub probably the yin to SDNs yang. No real time posting allowed over there, extensive vetting and censorship of posts, only paid members allowed to post, capricious bans of certain individuals etc

Recognizing this post may be considered off-topic for this particular thread, and the moderators may remove it (as was clearly and reasonably stated in the original post), I would like to point out:

1) User(s) communicated to leadership (moderators) that there is a perceived issue with the SDN model
2) Leadership (@Neuronix) responded by creating a free, publicly-available notice explaining the perceived issue
3) A poll to gauge opinion on the issue was created
4) The general SDN population could vote on the poll
5) The poll was published on a forum/platform that facilitated general population discussion of the issue
6) The ostensible purpose of the poll/discussion was to consider reform of the SDN model
7) Past performance/behavior of SDN leadership indicates action(s) will be taken, if needed

At the time I'm writing this, the poll has been up for ~5 hours and already has ~40 votes with a dozen posts in the open discussion. This is significantly more engagement than is normally permitted/witnessed in other RadOnc organizations when issues are raised.

I bring this up simply to note that @Neuronix's professionalism is appreciated, and his handling of this complaint could serve as an alternative model for how organizations could approach various projects, concerns, legislation, etc.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'll add my comment to my earlier vote -- can't imagine the amount of time and effort that goes into moderating this forum.

@Neuronix and @evilbooyaa are doing an incredible job

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Outside the few people who choose to identify themselves with their username (which I think is commendable, but also infrequent on this site), I’m having trouble understanding how one could feel unable to speak up on an anonymous forum.

Thanks for the hard work moderators

Hard to see “bullying” in setting of anonymity and admins who keep personal attacks to a minimum.

There is this common theme in our specialty, and academics more broadly, that speech and ideas that those in power don't like should be censored. And there is this idea that ideas that come from those anonymously are not worthy of discussing unless the author is identified. So when something is spoken that challenges the conventional narrative, why is there this attempt to force the speaker to "state your name" first? Well it's obvious. It's a threat.

The US is unique among most of the world in that free speech is protected. The founding fathers wrote the federalist papers under the pseudonym Publius and held meetings in secret. The threat was real. Many don't like the founding ideals of our country anymore, especially in academics. There are a few notable exceptions where chairs encourage a diversity of ideas (a certain northern midwest chairman comes to mind), but this is rare. While those in power may not actually kill us for fielding ideas they don't like, they will certainly try and harm our careers and ability to practice our profession.

I commend the moderators for allowing the sharing of ideas and opinions that some may not like or find offensive. And especially for pushing back on this idea of forced doxxing to have your voice heard. I just experienced this with a PM trying to goad me into dialing someone's personal cell phone number, as apparently that was the only valid way of pushing back on these things.

I have no idea if this came from discussion involving SK, JJ, or both (obviously it was one of them). Jordan, I hope you understand why rad oncs who practice in rural areas will be very angry at what you are trying to do. If you want to do this, then you need to own the criticism you will rightly receive and not cry bully and scare people into silence over thinly veiled threats of libel. Opinions are not libel in this country, thankfully.

• Love
I have been part of the SDN Rad Onc community for nearly 20 years. As a former moderator of this forum, no posts are censored except the very narrow corridors of doxxing or posts way off topic. I requested @evilbooya to take over as moderator years ago and I think he has done an exemplary job.

This is a forum of ideas and anything that can be logically defended is “protected speech.” I suspect the whiners are ASTRO sympathizers who don’t want any objections to the academic or corporate agendas.

Reactions: 11 users
This reminds me of the “cancel culture” article by Marcus Randall.

To call vehement disagreement “Cyber Bullying” is spitting in the face of the parents who’s children have experienced mental health issues, self harm and even suicide due to true Cyber Bullying.

Whoever labeled it as such should read up on Cyber Bullying.

Reactions: 7 users
I have been part of the SDN Rad Onc community for nearly 20 years. As a former moderator of this forum, no posts are censored except the very narrow corridors of doxxing or posts way off topic. I requested @evilbooya to take over as moderator years ago and I think he has done an exemplary job.

This is a forum of ideas and anything that can be logically defended is “protected speech.” I suspect the whiners are ASTRO sympathizers who don’t want any objections to the academic or corporate agendas.
As the OG says: exemplary!

I once read in a psychology journal that "consensus" is reached in a group (or poll) when something is chosen by the group 75% or more of the time. Also, the journal article stated that consensus (as defined) is rare. This is one of the first times I remember a journal or article bullying me. (To be honest, looking back, I don't know which bullied me more: the article or the journal itself.) I did not agree with article in the journal. I kept getting bullied the more I read... until I put the journal back in the magazine rack.

VX1EP9C.png

To obtain access to the private Business Forums, you need to verify your identity.

Even without that, every discussion here is so granular and niche...it's clear we're all RadOncs.

So we have a group of experts voting on a question. Sounds like the Angoff process.

Looks like SDN passes.

Reactions: 4 users
For all that there are probably a dozen or so active posters, it's kind of nice to see there's a few dozen more regular lurkers voting in the poll.

Is there a legit threat of being shut down?

@Neuronix @evilbooyaa
SDN being shut down? What? No - we're just trying to get a pulse of the SDN RO community and basically ask if Neuronix and I are doing a good (enough) job.

For those who feel that we do not enough moderation, you are more than welcome to PM me and/or Neuronix directly with your concerns if you feel uncomfortable expressing it in a public setting. Your concerns will not be known to the general SDN RO forum and kept private.

For those who feel we do too much moderation, feel free to PM me and/or Neuronix as well in ways you feel we could improve... unless it's going to be about how you got dinged for posting about politics. If that's the case, then piss off.

• Love
  • Haha
For all that there are probably a dozen or so active posters, it's kind of nice to see there's a few dozen more regular lurkers voting in the poll.
For those that don't know, SDN has a "Trending" section that spans across all forums.

Currently, 3 of the Top 10 threads are here. This is common. The Twitter thread is approaching 1 million views in total.

There's a reason one of the smallest specialties has one of the most popular forums on this website.

...it's certainly not because people "feel heard" or "safe" in traditional platforms built or promoted by the establishment/leadership.

1690570334398.png

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
The dumpster fire specialties are the most active: Rad onc and ER. Not surprising.

Med/onc, plastic surgery, ortho. Too busy collecting as much $$$ as they want to work for, living where they want, and being happy to ****post online.

It has been brought to my attention that some posters on this site feel ridiculed and prevented from speaking up and engaging in an open dialogue. Apparently "many" are reaching out about this outside of SDN. I want to be clear that open dialogue about radiation oncology is encouraged on this forum.
...it's certainly not because people "feel heard" or "safe" in traditional platforms built or promoted by the establishment/leadership.

People who don't feel safe using their real names offer up copious feedback about some important current events. Thereafter "some posters" attack the site and claim "cyber-bullying".

This is so very unfortunate, so very Rad Onc :(

This forum is very important, keep up the great work mods!

People who don't feel safe using their real names offer up copious feedback about some important current events. Thereafter "some posters" attack the site and claim "cyber-bullying".

This is so very unfortunate, so very Rad Onc :(

This forum is very important, keep up the great work mods!
It's the same bad faith behavior as screaming unprofessionalism, racism, whatever-a-phobia/denier, etc to not actually have to address uncomfortable questions/issues with rational debate and evidence. You're the bad guy, so I don't have to talk to you, and I make the rules so deal with it. In fact, you're lucky you're even here at all, so watch it. The game is obvious but what are you gonna do about it???

Is there a legit threat of being shut down?

@Neuronix @evilbooyaa

Zero. Don't worry. SDN as an organization feels strongly about open discussion and speaking truth to power. If they ever come after me personally, I will resign as moderator and let someone else anonymous and/or in a more secure position take over to keep things the way they are.

Zero. Don't worry. SDN as an organization feels strongly about open discussion and speaking truth to power. If they ever come after me personally, I will resign as moderator and let someone else anonymous and/or in a more secure position take over to keep things the way they are.
I'll go a step further, and personally launch and fund as close to a "forum clone" as possible if this resource ever disappears.

(and considering the fallout from the Exam Debacle crashed the entire specialty, it's not even worth speculating re: "going after" anyone)

Reactions: 1 user
I hit the like button so many times in this thread, I suspect SDN is gonna cancel my ability to do so.

But seriously: this place rocks. Yes, I have stumbled across the third rail a couple times, as a relatively new user, not really intending to be cruel or do anything I hadn't already seen elsewhere on SDN. I was nicely and professionally communicated with, and my temporary silencing was quickly resolved. Fair, transparent, reasonable. What more do you want from a good mod? Yes, I'm saying this so when I stumble again, they'll go easy on me (lol).

In all earnest though: SDN supports reasonable people, who may have tough opinions, on a variety of topics. Nobody wants to hear conspiracy, hate or fringe opinions (but you can find it in SPF if you must seek it out or fight it, and I'll see you there ;). SPF is a fun battleground, but I digress..)

I'm so very pleased there is a way for us to express ourselves anonymously as Radoncs. Our field is too small, and the current powerholders too strong, to NOT have this forum in place.. always.. as a check and balance.

THANK YOU MODS and SDN. I really should hit that donate button soon.

Reactions: 9 users
I hit the like button so many times in this thread, I suspect SDN is gonna cancel my ability to do so.

But seriously: this place rocks. Yes, I have stumbled across the third rail a couple times, as a relatively new user, not really intending to be cruel or do anything I hadn't already seen elsewhere on SDN. I was nicely and professionally communicated with, and my temporary silencing was quickly resolved. Fair, transparent, reasonable. What more do you want from a good mod? Yes, I'm saying this so when I stumble again, they'll go easy on me (lol).

In all earnest though: SDN supports reasonable people, who may have tough opinions, on a variety of topics. Nobody wants to hear conspiracy, hate or fringe opinions (but you can find it in SPF if you must seek it out or fight it, and I'll see you there ;). SPF is a fun battleground, but I digress..)

I'm so very pleased there is a way for us to express ourselves anonymously as Radoncs. Our field is too small, and the current powerholders too strong, to NOT have this forum in place.. always.. as a check and balance.

You donate your time which is more important… at least that is what I tell myself!

Hahaha wow, until you pointed it out I forgot but -

This. This is what I'm talking about. @sirspamalot was...enthusiastic when first posting. Perhaps some would argue that enthusiasm is still there, but I digress.

Once it was clear it was a pattern, the mods...moderated. YET IT WAS PROFESSIONAL AND TEMPORARY.

And @sirspamalot remains here to tell the tale. There are people permanently banned...and it was not for lack of extensive, repeated, attempts at remediation.

I'm not sure how this free, silly, internet forum has better HR than any institution I've ever worked or trained, yet here we are.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
I'll go a step further, and personally launch and fund as close to a "forum clone" as possible if this resource ever disappears.

(and considering the fallout from the Exam Debacle crashed the entire specialty, it's not even worth speculating re: "going after" anyone)
I would financially support this.

I hate to keep dragging ASTRO through the mud but at least they had a shred of decency to fix this **** in the mid 90s. Right now it's full speed ahead right off a cliff, specialty wise.

The desire to squelch free speech, salary data, unfettered expansion of **** programs without any data to support it.... F'ASTRO!

Last edited:
meh I remember full well when SDN as an organization didn't allow open discussion on certain medical topics. Not your call (I assume); think the two of you are doing a fine job.

• Okay...
  • Hmm
I once read in a psychology journal that "consensus" is reached in a group (or poll) when something is chosen by the group 75% or more of the time.

Indeed, 75% seems to be the mark. The APCCC also defines >=75% as consensus and >=90% as strong consensus when they formulate their statements.

It‘s lovely here. Keep up the excellent moderation and thank you for all your work!

Last edited:
meh I remember full well when SDN as an organization didn't allow open discussion on certain medical topics. Not your call (I assume); think the two of you are doing a fine job.
Correct, was not our call, was part of a top-down initiative from SDN as an organization. Not that I strongly disagreed with it as we were in a bit of an unprecedented time, but I can understand those who felt that SDN was a bit extra heavy-handed during that time. However, the actions that were taken back then will remain in place.

RIP KHE

Correct, was not our call, was part of a top-down initiative from SDN as an organization. Not that I strongly disagreed with it as we were in a bit of an unprecedented time, but I can understand those who felt that SDN was a bit extra heavy-handed during that time. However, the actions that were taken back then will remain in place.

RIP KHE
I was trying to remember who it was. I said I'd never forget. RIP KHE88...Gone and forgotten.

Reactions: 4 users
KHE was no paragon of virtuous discussion but many of the points made back then were attempted to be cited with data from journals and/or discussed scientifically. The same feeling I got from censoring those discussions is like the same feeling I got when on the phone with P2P round about mid 2010s when they’d say IMRT for stage iii lung was experimental and unproven and “that’s just our policy, I can’t change it.”

Let me talk about moderation-

A long while back I shared an unpopular (nonpolitical) opinion on this forum. I was name-called and ridiculed to no end, including by @evilbooyaa who is a moderator. Though I don't name-call others, even moderators feel that it's acceptable to call me names (and do it themselves). If this is the type of acceptable decorum you'd like to have with your colleagues, you're not doing yourselves any favors.

In the end, you people got your wish to cancel me and I got off this forum. I now check this forum at most every 2 or 3 months and participate much more on Mednet. I enjoy that a lot, because unlike the constant doom and gloom here, they actually do meaningful things to help their colleagues and patient care.

Go ahead and moderate as much as you'd like, because the members of this forum have a long history of cancelling the dissenters. That will only take you so far, and cancelling the dissenters will still make everyone's mood on this forum gloomy and whiny like it always is. Heck, go ahead and cancel this post if you'd like, since I won't be checking SDN for at least the next 2-3 months anyway since it ain't worth checking more often than that.

I usually don't feel the need to defend myself or my actions and try to be understanding of the positions that other posters may have, but just for others reading this (and for posterity), I will link back to that fateful month over 2 years ago that has apparently lead this user to feeling 'cancelled' by the forum. Their post was deleted as being distasteful but has been preserved as a quote and has apparently lead to some bad blood.

I have no desire to further comment to the situation, and request that this thread not become derailed by the discussion of this post and the one two posts above.

@evilbooyaa, you are a rock star. Thank you and the other moderators for your selfless efforts to maintain a socratic decorum on this site.