Your Overall Impression On PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sweet Pie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just want to see how people rate the PCAT ?
In my opinion it was one of the hardest exam ever!!! The exam doesn't only test you on knowledge but also your time management skills LOL

Members don't see this ad.

for the most part, i think the test was fair. the test directly reflect if you study given that you used good study prep material, the math portion is unnecessarily hard though :scared:

Do I think the test is an accurate score of one's ability for Pharmacy School? No, I don't. I have little to no confidence that the PCAT tells AdComs anything more than "Can this kid take an exam under pressure?"

It wasn't easy for me, but it was mostly due to time management. I felt rushed through almost every section, especially RC & QA. During QA, I'd see math problems that were easy, but they were just entirely too long...so I'd make an educated guess and tag it for later so I can spend more time on shorter, faster problems.

In the end I thought was going to walk out with a terrible grade but to my surprise, my score was competitive.

It's a very odd test IMO. Not the hardest thing I've taken at all, just hard because you're pressed for time.

At the screen that says "Click OK to move to the next section" I didnt realize time was ticking. So after every section I meditated (lulwut) for 1-2 minutes only to realize on the last section (math) what happened.

So i felt rushed, felt I could've done much better without the time restraints. Some sections I would've liked to use every single minute.

Members don't see this ad :)
At the screen that says "Click OK to move to the next section" I didnt realize time was ticking. So after every section I meditated (lulwut) for 1-2 minutes only to realize on the last section (math) what happened.

So i felt rushed, felt I could've done much better without the time restraints. Some sections I would've liked to use every single minute.

I did the exact same thing. I realized it on the last section also. Beyond irritating..

Do I think the test is an accurate score of one's ability for Pharmacy School? No, I don't. I have little to no confidence that the PCAT tells AdComs anything more than "Can this kid take an exam under pressure?"

It wasn't easy for me, but it was mostly due to time management. I felt rushed through almost every section, especially RC & QA. During QA, I'd see math problems that were easy, but they were just entirely too long...so I'd make an educated guess and tag it for later so I can spend more time on shorter, faster problems.

In the end I thought was going to walk out with a terrible grade but to my surprise, my score was competitive.

It's a very odd test IMO. Not the hardest thing I've taken at all, just hard because you're pressed for time.

That's exactly what I did and that's how I got 93 % in QA even though I felt I wouldn't even get a 70 %.

As for the PCAT, if you feel it's a hard exam, go take a look at the MCAT. It's 10000000 times harder. Yes, I took both and no comparison. PCAT just wants you to memorize some facts and go through it in the exam. And any standardized exam always needs time management.