Your Residency Stories?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MaximLA

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can share personal experience of going into IM in allopathic residency and then possibly into a fellowship: for example cardiology, nephrology, or any other fellowship. How hard was either of this to do, did you feel like you had to be much better the the MD students or not, and if so by how much better.

And anyone who has gone this rpute and out in the workforce, are there any opportunities that you feel would require a more outstanding CV than the MD next to you.

Thanks a lot it would be really helpful to know.

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if anyone can share personal experience of going into IM in allopathic residency and then possibly into a fellowship: for example cardiology, nephrology, or any other fellowship. How hard was either of this to do, did you feel like you had to be much better the the MD students or not, and if so by how much better.

And anyone who has gone this rpute and out in the workforce, are there any opportunities that you feel would require a more outstanding CV than the MD next to you.

Thanks a lot it would be really helpful to know.

My guess is that if he graduates from a good D.O. school, one doesn't have to do better. He will have to make a comparable U.S.M.L.E. or C.O.M.L.E.X. score as required in that field, and he may not get his first-choice location.

Also anyone in IM or Fellowship currently..stories welcome...plz plz plz