Your Study Habits...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pre-dentalguy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm the President of the pre-dental club that I started at my school. I've spoken with tons of students and everyone has different ways of studying. Some do the flash card thing... some do the "read the chapter over and over again" thing... some do the study the vocabulary only thing... and then other just don't study at all; sort of like the gifted type!

What are your ways of studying when you were in bio, chem, AnP, etc etc...?

Members don't see this ad.

I always use flashcards for Biology. Helps with memorization. For chemistry and math, I just practice as many problems as I can in the textbook until I feel like I have mastered the material.

Study? This semester is all about interviews! Back in the day I was a crammer. Like an all-nighter the night before the big test, even the DAT.

Good Luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Study? This semester is all about interviews! Back in the day I was a crammer. Like an all-nighter the night before the big test, even the DAT.

Good Luck

So you only studied the day b/f the exams?? Wow... that's crazy. Although, do use to do that when I had easy courses in undergrad.

I always use flashcards for Biology. Helps with memorization. For chemistry and math, I just practice as many problems as I can in the textbook until I feel like I have mastered the material.

Yeah, I definitely use flashcards for bio... those phylums can be a pain in the a$$.

So you only studied the day b/f the exams?? Wow... that's crazy. Although, do use to do that when I had easy courses in undergrad.

Yes, I didn't feel any pressure to study until the last minute.

Yes, I didn't feel any pressure to study until the last minute.

Yeah I'm that way too. I can't motivate myself to study until the day before. The DAT was the only time when I studied far in advance.

Studying the day before doesn't work for me, unless it's an easy class. But a habit I formed is studying in bed.

I'm a pretty lazy person and hate making flashcards, taking notes, etc. I just read and reread if I need to.

I, personally, have to associate the material in my notes and text with a mental image. That is for courses like biochemistry and microbiology.
I find doing as many exercises/problems you can before an exam is probably the best exposure to the material, since it is most likely what you are going to encounter.

Normally I do a little of everything, flash cards, group, wrote memorization, but this semester I'm trying something different, sort of a not-at-all technique inspired by my interviewing schedule.

Somehow I still have straight A's, not sure how that's happening