YOUR volunteer vs shadow hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredentist23

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is there really a difference? which one does the dental schools prefer? i've JUST shadowed a dental office for ten hours and i thought that was enough. i mean....what else am i gonna do there? and how is it that you can volunteer at a dentist office? papers? take appointments? i aint even got any skills so how am i supposed to volunteer?..betta check out a hospital or somethin..... :idea:..yep...

Members don't see this ad.

futuredentist23 said:
is there really a difference? which one does the dental schools prefer? i've JUST shadowed a dental office for ten hours and i thought that was enough. i mean....what else am i gonna do there? and how is it that you can volunteer at a dentist office? papers? take appointments? i aint even got any skills so how am i supposed to volunteer?..betta check out a hospital or somethin..... :idea:..yep...
Are you typing to yourself?

futuredentist23 said:
Well I volunteer at UF Dental (28 hours) and there I just watch my mentor ... but I shadow a Perio (over 70 hours) and I do a lot. Stock rooms, break down and set up rooms, clean and sterilize instruments, get anesth. ready, set up for surgeries, watch surgeries, assist during surgeries, take xrays, etc ...