Yuck

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sleepymed

The white Hard24Get
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im taking my Step CK tomorrow and my CS on the 29th. :( I'm so not in the mood to take these two exams and I feel completely unprepared, I was so burnt out after my third year that I could not bring myself to study.

At least they will both be out of the way soon.

Gross, gross, gross...

Members don't see this ad.

Im taking my Step CK tomorrow and my CS on the 29th. :( I'm so not in the mood to take these two exams and I feel completely unprepared, I was so burnt out after my third year that I could not bring myself to study.

Gross, gross, gross...

That does sound a bit yuck, but I'm sure you will do great!

And you won't have to take it at the middle or end of interview season like me :(

Gross, gross, gross...

I feel your pain!! I got Step CK on the 30th, not gonna be fun:(

Good Luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm right there with you. Step 2 CK on July 3 and am feeling so unmotivated. But I really hope to go up from Step 1 so I've gotta focus. I'm putting off Step 2 CS until mid-December when I am sure motivation will be even lower. Oh well. Good luck to all of you.

Who cares what score you get on Step 3? It's a pass/fail exam and the score can't hurt or help you. Employers are not going to ask what your Step 3 score was.

You don't need to study much for it. The exam is mostly Emergency and Family medicine. If you've studied for inservice, and paid attention during residency you can pass without difficulty. You might want to read up on management of hypertension and birth control, but that's it.

Why people freak out about studying for this thing I don't know.

Who cares what score you get on Step 3? It's a pass/fail exam and the score can't hurt or help you. Employers are not going to ask what your Step 3 score was.

You don't need to study much for it. The exam is mostly Emergency and Family medicine. If you've studied for inservice, and paid attention during residency you can pass without difficulty. You might want to read up on management of hypertension and birth control, but that's it.

Why people freak out about studying for this thing I don't know.

Hey, it's the step 2 that have us worried not the step 3! We're still miserable fourth years with no homes, so it kind of matters to a certain degree how we do on this exam.

Also, sitting down for nine hours working on multiple choice questions is a pain in the behind!!

Hey, it's the step 2 that have us worried not the step 3! We're still miserable fourth years with no homes, so it kind of matters to a certain degree how we do on this exam.

Also, sitting down for nine hours working on multiple choice questions is a pain in the behind!!

Ahh, I see, Step 2.

It can indeed hurt you if you are not careful. The best strategy is to take it as late as possible (assuming that you did well on Step 1).

Ahh, I see, Step 2.

It can indeed hurt you if you are not careful. The best strategy is to take it as late as possible (assuming that you did well on Step 1).

Or as early as possible (if you did poorly on Step 1).

Or as early as possible (if you did poorly on Step 1).

I did fine on my step 1, and considering I'm taking it tomorrow, I'm taking it pretty damn early. I figure I may as well get it out of the way and my school requires we have it done before september anyway.

CK done...

Leave tomorrow at 1 to go to Philly...