Zanki and Dedicated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orthomyxostudent

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. For those that did zanki and finished pharm deck as well before dedicated, what did you do during dedicated? What is the best approach for dedicated time? Continue practice problems and just review the material I am weak on? Thank you very much for helping a new member on this website.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I'm right there with you on this. Basically my gameplan is going to be to keep up with reviews and go through questions banks (Uworld being my primary one). Maybe watch some boards and beyond videos during down time but thats about it.

Hi! I'm right there with you on this. Basically my gameplan is going to be to keep up with reviews and go through questions banks (Uworld being my primary one). Maybe watch some boards and beyond videos during down time but thats about it.
I am also thinking of buying BnB but doing just zanki + uworld seems so risky.

UW blocks + Review in FA (assuming already annotated with BnB). Make anki cards on UW concepts/info.
Keep up with anki reviews (for me it's Lol, Zanki pharm, Zanki bchem, Dukes pathoma, and Zanki MSK).

Also, I have a word doc up when going thru my UW blocks that I add info to. When I do my Duke deck review, I'll add pertinent information from the doc into that card as they come up during my daily reviews.

Schedule:
dukes first, UW block and review, zanki pharm, another UW block and review, finish all my other anki reviews.
Throw in a couple episodes of the office in there while eating lunch and dinner.

Rinse, repeat.

Members don't see this ad :)
UW blocks + Review in FA (assuming already annotated with BnB). Make anki cards on UW concepts/info.
Keep up with anki reviews (for me it's Lol, Zanki pharm, Zanki bchem, Dukes pathoma, and Zanki MSK).

Also, I have a word doc up when going thru my UW blocks that I add info to. When I do my Duke deck review, I'll add pertinent information from the doc into that card as they come up during my daily reviews.

Schedule:
dukes first, UW block and review, zanki pharm, another UW block and review, finish all my other anki reviews.
Throw in a couple episodes of the office in there while eating lunch and dinner.

Rinse, repeat.
Thank you so much! I will try my best to follow this plan. :)

Reactions: 1 users

Schedule:

Rinse, repeat.
Question for you how do you review blocks so fast lol. I assume you do since youre able to spend time on all of those other things on top of 80 questions per day. It takes me 9-10 hrs to do 80 questions and review them which I think is way too long. Any advice?

Question for you how do you review blocks so fast lol. I assume you do since youre able to spend time on all of those other things on top of 80 questions per day. It takes me 9-10 hrs to do 80 questions and review them which I think is way too long. Any advice?
Mmm, what is your current method of reviewing a block of questions

Mmm, what is your current method of reviewing a block of questions
If I got it right I just read through the whole thing and see if I can pick up anything I dont know. If I get it wrong I figure out why (was it a concept I didnt know a fact I didnt know or I knew the info but didnt pick up on the testable concept or the differentiating factors/epidemiology). If It was a fact problem I put it in my question journal that I review evry niggt for an hr before bed if it was a concept I review the concept then write it in first aid. I spend roughly 7 mins per question reviewing which i feel is too long. The questions you get right when you come across them if you know you got it right for the right reasoning and understand the concept they were getting at do you just move on or do you try to learn all the details from every answer choice I think that may be my problem? Whats ur opinion?

If I got it right I just read through the whole thing and see if I can pick up anything I dont know. If I get it wrong I figure out why (was it a concept I didnt know a fact I didnt know or I knew the info but didnt pick up on the testable concept or the differentiating factors/epidemiology). If It was a fact problem I put it in my question journal that I review evry niggt for an hr before bed if it was a concept I review the concept then write it in first aid. I spend roughly 7 mins per question reviewing which i feel is too long. The questions you get right when you come across them if you know you got it right for the right reasoning and understand the concept they were getting at do you just move on or do you try to learn all the details from every answer choice I think that may be my problem? Whats ur opinion?
I mean honestly, it sounds like you have healthy regimen of reviewing. To be clear I spend 2 hrs for the blocks + 5 hrs to review = 7 hrs, so it's not like you are taking a ton more time. To be frank, I think the the (2 hour+) difference is that I do a lot more anki than you, so bchem for example or random path stuff, I don't need to analyze as much as you might.

If you are pulling 12 hour days like me, and you can still do everything you need to (study, eat, sleep, relax for an hour) then don't worry, keep grinding. You'll do great.

Reactions: 1 user