Zero Acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cymbidium

Awesome.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know how many people don't get in anywhere in a given year?
Just wondering. I'm not panicing yet. Or maybe I am.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anybody know how many people don't get in anywhere in a given year?
Just wondering. I'm not panicing yet. Or maybe I am.

Total applicants - 4500.

Members don't see this ad :)
~11,000 applicants
~4,500 spots

If I remember correctly

So about 1/2 of all applicants don't get in anywhere? That's rough.

Though I have no idea what the actual figure is, it obviously does happen frequently. My stats are no where near ideal, but I believe persistence pays off and hopefully this will be my year. As my screen name says third times the charm! (Yes, I have been denied the past two years):(

Though I have no idea what the actual figure is, it obviously does happen frequently. My stats are no where near ideal, but I believe persistence pays off and hopefully this will be my year. As my screen name says third times the charm! (Yes, I have been denied the past two years):(

what if you dont get in this time? will you try again?

I flipped though the most recent Official Guide to Dental Schools booklet, and there were about 9,000 applicants last year, and about 4,500 spots.

That's brutal.. i love your attitude! :thumbup: