zero interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dental2012

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have fairly average stats and I havent received any interviews yet. Anyone heard from meharry or howard? I see people with really high stats getting interviews at meharry which is a bit different than last year.

Members don't see this ad.

I heard about meharry about a week or 2 ago.

i have an interview at Meharry Oct 17th, when did you submit everything?

Members don't see this ad :)
i have fairly average stats and I havent received any interviews yet. Anyone heard from meharry or howard? I see people with really high stats getting interviews at meharry which is a bit different than last year.

if you're not a minority then forget about howard and meharry. Those are two PRIVATE schools with different mission statements than most dental schools. I would not advice looking at these schools as a backup unless you are a underrepresented minority.

I have 18AA... 3.5 GPA... submitted mid-July and am a re-applicant... no interviews and getting sad :( Figured I'd hear something by now... I know my stats aren't amazing but I am non-trad re-applicant and thought that might help? Hope to hear something soon... maybe???

I am a minority so hoping that something works out. I don't know if it helps. All I know is that I want to get into dental school by December so I can start a new year and new life. This has been going on for way too long. I am a third time applicant, turning 24 next year, single and sad! lol
Just added a few bits here because it seems that everyone has got their life started... one thing that does amaze me is that avg age of dental school student in first year is 24. Age is just a number,I know, but there are times when you feel like you are sick of waiting and worrying every single day!
So lets hope and pray for an interview and acceptance by December 2008.

i have fairly average stats and I havent received any interviews yet.

Now is not time to panic! Yes, many people on SDN will have had 8 interviews already and have another 12 lined up, but there is still a looooooong window of opportunity to get your first interview and a good chance at acceptance.

I too had average stats when I applied last cycle. At this date last year I was almost embarrassed that I hadn't received a single interview and was staying very quite with my posts here. But given a little more time, some interviews rolled in, and shortly into the new year I received my acceptances. Following the cycle very closely last year there were plenty of people on these boards who had to wait until after December before they got their multiple interviews, and multiple acceptances. Just be patient with the whole process and you will most likely get your shot.

Now is not time to panic! Yes, many people on SDN will have had 8 interviews already and have another 12 lined up, but there is still a looooooong window of opportunity to get your first interview and a good chance at acceptance.

I too had average stats when I applied last cycle. At this date last year I was almost embarrassed that I hadn't received a single interview and was staying very quite with my posts here. But given a little more time, some interviews rolled in, and shortly into the new year I received my acceptances. Following the cycle very closely last year there were plenty of people on these boards who had to wait until after December before they got their multiple interviews, and multiple acceptances. Just be patient with the whole process and you will most likely get your shot.

Thank you, exactly that is what I want to hear, I feel better now:)

I am a minority so hoping that something works out. I don't know if it helps. All I know is that I want to get into dental school by December so I can start a new year and new life. This has been going on for way too long. I am a third time applicant, turning 24 next year, single and sad! lol
Just added a few bits here because it seems that everyone has got their life started... one thing that does amaze me is that avg age of dental school student in first year is 24. Age is just a number,I know, but there are times when you feel like you are sick of waiting and worrying every single day!
So lets hope and pray for an interview and acceptance by December 2008.

are you a minority or an UNDER REPRESENTED MINORITY. Huge difference. Latino, black, native american, or eskimo = acceptance.
Asian or indian = dont call us, we'll call you.

That's really crap putting Asians into one category. Koreans, Chinese, Japanese, and Indians may not be minorities or under represented, but many other Asian communities are under represented.

That's really crap putting Asians into one category. Koreans, Chinese, Japanese, and Indians may not be minorities or under represented, but many other Asian communities are under represented.

I agree.