Zero Level Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smilin1590

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if vmcas calculates zero level classes into the Cum GPA? I unfortunately started out in zero level math classes before making it to the upper division math classes? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

VMCAS will use all of your grades to calculate your cum GPA no matter what the course number is. Hope that helps!

VMCAS will use all of your grades to calculate your cum GPA no matter what the course number is. Hope that helps!
all courses "for credit"

I have a feeling a "zero" level class does not give you credits towards a degree.

I took an "introductory to college chemistry" class before starting my post-bacc pre-req classes and that did not count.

Thanks for the replies!
Yeah I guess I kind of figured VMCAS wouldn't calculate these zero level courses that were pre-req to even getting to the 100 level credit courses.
Like math 095, I took this for 3 credit hours but it actually didn't technically count towards my credit at my college. So this is why I was wondering, however it was used to fulfill my full time status, the 3 credit hours didn't technically account for anything credit wise at my college so that's why I was questioning if that's what VMCAS did as well.