Zolpidem on top of lunesta

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by Deja, Sep 6, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. sosoo

sosoo 7+ Year Member

Aug 10, 2009
    contrary,. i look at what i been saying all along, the current opioid crisis. if theres a crisis and you're avoiding it, then u should be ashame of yourself.. u should be ashame of yourself for making false assumptions and draw conclusions base on your own assumptions.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. doublehh03

doublehh03 Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 8, 2005
    There you go, you answered your own question. It's sad. Extremely sad that you're actually working out in the field dealing with actual human beings.

4. sosoo

sosoo 7+ Year Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Its sadder that you're closing your eyes on the opioid crisis and contributing to the worsening of it.....

5. Drugsarefun2350

Drugsarefun2350

Dec 8, 2015
    Florida
    Dude u are completely out of touch with reality, u must be a new pharmacist. U can't blanket refuse medications because of the opiate epidemic, you are absolutely right that there is a drug abuse epidemic, no arguing that, but ur approaching it in the completely wrong way, if u think a prescriber is illegally prescribing then report them to the dea and the department of health and let them do an investigation. I reported a doctor a 2 months ago and what do u know, the dea raided his clinic and his house 1 month later, let the investigative authorities do their work. U make it seem like pharmacists are the ones who are the cause of this crisis? Last I checked pharmacists don't write prescriptions. Blame Purdue pharmaceuticals for downplaying the addictive nature of OxyContin and marketing it to prescribers as life changing drug for people with generalized low back.

If you have a new patient coming to you with oxycodone 30 mg #120 and no history of pain meds per the PDMP then absolutely refuse the hell out of that prescription and report that doctor and let the people with real authority do something about it, pharmacists didn't create this mess and your tirades about how we're the people to blame is ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    Carboxide and Dred Pirate like this.
  6. Carboxide

Carboxide 7+ Year Member

Dec 6, 2008
    I am 100% convinced sosoo is a technician. 100%. I suggest we make a quiz that only a pharmacist could answer. If he fails, we block him.

7. quickpic007

quickpic007

Sep 22, 2016

its just that my local pain clinic prefers norco on top of fent for some reason. The oxy clinic (90ish miles) is just 15 or 20 q 4 or 6 no fentanyl.

8. BidingMyTime

BidingMyTime Lost Shaker Of Salt 10+ Year Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Illinois
    Eh, I don't think technicians are forbidden from using the boards, they are open to students and even just wannabe students. Unless SoSooo is misrepresenting themselves as a pharmacist, but I don't know that they have? Their profile says they are a pharmacy student (and technically they could be in the 1st year of a 0 - 6 program.) Their postings seem to corroborate this, that they are an early pharmacy student.

9. CetiAlphaFive

CetiAlphaFive

Apr 12, 2016
    Even if they did graduate with a Pharm.D., I doubt they could answer and pass a competency quiz written by us....

BidingMyTime, ancienbon and PharmD500 like this.
  10. RxVampire

RxVampire PharmDruggist

Oct 11, 2015
    Pharmacist
    ok ladies & gentlemen, question 1) How would you label the expiration date of the following product?...

11. ancienbon

ancienbon 7+ Year Member

Jul 27, 2010
    i can't believe what i am reading here. you did not know fentanyl and oxycodone are prescribed together(long acting and short acting).

BidingMyTime and CetiAlphaFive like this.
  12. ICPharmD

ICPharmD

Feb 19, 2016
    Pharmacist
    ^ this I work in LTC and see that combo a lot as well as other crazy regimens.

CetiAlphaFive likes this.